Follow the Authors
Ace the Data Science Interview: 201 Real Interview Questions Asked By FAANG, Tech Startups, & Wall Street Paperback – Aug. 16 2021
Enhance your purchase
COUNTERFEIT WARNING FOR US + CANADIAN CUSTOMERS: Do NOT buy Used books. Only buy NEW, and make sure it does NOT say "Sold by Morgans' Finds" or OTAG7 or BestWayUS or Perez deals.
These sellers give you pirated books filled with mathematical typos, missing SQL questions, and poor print quality. To ensure a genuine copy, BUY THE BOOK NEW and make sure it says "Ships From & Sold by Amazon.com" (this might NOT be the default option, so please switch it!)
Authored by two Ex-Facebook employees, Ace the Data Science Interview is the best way to prepare for Data Science, Data Analyst, and Machine Learning interviews, so that you can land your dream job at FAANG, tech startups, or Wall Street.
What's inside this 301 page book?
- 201 real Data Science interview questions asked by Facebook, Google, Amazon, Netflix, Two Sigma, Citadel and more — with detailed step-by-step solutions!
- Learn how to break into Data Science, with tips on crafting your resume, creating kick-ass portfolio projects, sending networking cold emails, and better telling your story during behavioral interviews
- Questions cover the most frequently-tested topics in data interviews: Probability, Statistics, Machine Learning, SQL & Database Design, Coding (Python), Product Analytics, and A/B Testing
- Each chapter has a brief crash-course on the most important concepts and formulas to review
- Learn how to solve open-ended case study questions that combine product-sense, business intuition, and statistical modeling skills, and practice with case interviews from Airbnb, Instagram, & Accenture
Praise for Ace the Data Science Interview:
"The advice in this book directly helped me land my dream job"
— Advitya Gemawat, ML Engineer, Microsoft
“An invaluable resource for the Data Science & ML community”
— Aishwarya Srinivasan, Senior Data Scientist, Google
"Super helpful career advice on breaking into data & landing your first job in the field"
— Prithika Hariharan, President of Waterloo Data Science Club; Data Science Intern, Wish
“FINALLY! Cracking the Coding Interview but for Data Science & ML!”
— Jack Morris, AI Resident, Google
“Solving the 201 interview questions is helpful for people in ALL industries, not just tech!”
— Lars Hulstaert, Senior Data Scientist, Johnson & Johnson
“The authors explain exactly what hiring managers look for — a must read for any data job seeker”
— Michelle Scarbrough, Former Data Analytics Manager, F500 Co.
About Kevin Huo:
Kevin Huo is currently a Data Scientist at a Hedge Fund, and previously was a Data Scientist at Facebook working on Facebook Groups. He holds a degree in Computer Science from the University of Pennsylvania and a degree in Business from Wharton. In college he interned at Facebook, Bloomberg, and on Wall Street.
About Nick Singh:
Nick Singh previously worked on Facebook’s Growth Team and at SafeGraph, a geospatial analytics startup. Currently, he runs SQL interview platform DataLemur.com and shares career tips on LinkedIn to his 90,000+ followers. Nick holds a degree in System Engineering with a minor in Computer Science from the University of Virginia. In college, he interned at Microsoft and at Google’s Nest Labs on the Data Infrastructure Team.
- Publisher : Ace the Data Science Interview (Aug. 16 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 301 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0578973839
- ISBN-13 : 978-0578973838
- Item weight : 581 g
- Dimensions : 17.78 x 1.73 x 25.4 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #34,345 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Reviewed in Canada on October 22, 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is definitely worth every penny. Highly recommend!
By Snow on October 22, 2021
By stern semasuka on June 14, 2022
By Saku on May 26, 2022
Top reviews from other countries
This would be a great book, were I a fresh grad. As a 30+ year old working parent with years of DS experience, most of the advice does not apply to me.
Nowhere in the description does not say this book is geared for fresh grads. Please add this important piece of information to the description.
In 290 pages, everything about interview tips, knowledge in statistics, database, machine learning you need to know enough for an interview, love the interview questions with model answers for easy, medium and hard. Instead of studying with an ocean amount of materials, it is key and narrow down the scope.
I got this at the end of my Masters in Data Science and this for me is kind of a summary of what I learnt during the masters and also how this can be used in real business settings.