|Place of Business||ASHEVILLE, NC, 38814 US|
|Product Dimensions||58.5 x 34.5 x 10 cm; 3.4 Kilograms|
|Item model number||102DN-R|
|Is discontinued by manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer part number||102DN-R|
|OEM part number||102DN-R|
|Item Weight||3.4 kg|
|Country of origin||China|
Compare Offers on Amazon
& FREE Shipping
73% positive over last 12 months
& FREE Shipping
69% positive over last 12 months
+ $16.98 shipping
100% positive over last 12 months
Allen Sports Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
Purchase options and add-ons
|Vehicle service type||Minivan, SUV, Hatchback, Bicycle, Sedan|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||58.5 x 34.5 x 10 Centimetres|
About this item
- Patented design fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUV's, consult manufacturer web site for specific vehicle fit information^Side straps for increased lateral stability
- Individual tie-downs secure and protect bicycles
- Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle
- Ships in certified frustration-free packaging
- Comes fully assembled, set up and installs in seconds
Frequently bought together
From the manufacturer
Easy installation on broad range of vehicles
Patented design fits a broad range of sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUV's - MAKE SURE to consult the manufacturer for specific vehicle fit.
Safe, Versatile, and Easy to Use
Patented single configuration design fits wide range of vehicles
The Allen Sports 102DN Deluxe Two Bike Carrier fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUVs (make sure to confirm the specific vehicle fit with the manufacturer). Its patented design sets up quickly and will safely transport your bicycles around town or cross country. Two side straps deliver exceptional lateral stability on your vehicle. A patented tie-down system individually secures and protects your bicycles.
- Sets up in seconds
- Fully assembled
- Patented tie-down system secures and protects bicycles
- Narrow set carry arms fit a broad range of bicycle shapes and sizes
- Rugged, high quality components ensure years of use.
Allen Deluxe Trunk Features
Patented individual tie-down system
Allen's patented individual tie-down system secures and protects your bicycles. The tie-downs are fixed in position on the carry arm, but rotate so that the can engage a wide range of bicycle frame sizes and styles.
High-density foam feet to protect vehicle
The high-density foam feet on the Allen Deluxe models adapt to a wide range of vehicle surfaces, and fully protect your vehicle's finish when transporting your bicycles.
Fold flat for easy storage when not in use
The patented folding design on the Deluxe trunk models allows the rack to quickly fold flat for easy storage when not in use.
Safe & secure five-point attachment system
A secure five-point attachment system delivers a safe and stable attachment of the carrier and your bicycles to your vehicle.
|Capacity||2 bike/ 70 lb||2 bike/ 70 lb||2 bike/ 70 lb||2 bike/ 70 lb|
|Quick set-up/ fold design||✓||✓||✓|
|Ultra-compact fold design||✓|
|Wide-profile feet to distribute load||✓||✓|
|Individual tie-down cradles||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Patented design fits most vehicles||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Side straps for lateral stability||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Fully assembled - no tools needed||✓||✓||✓||✓|
About Allen Sports
Richard Allen (pictured left in 1972) started Allen Sports in his garage in 1967. Since its founding, the company has been committed to producing the highest-quality, easiest-to-use bike racks and bicycle-related products on the market. Richard, a one-time aerospace engineer, opened Allen Sports after building a prototype bike carrier in his Lincoln, Massachusetts shop in his free time. The first ever trunk-mounted bicycle carrier--made of electrical conduit, metal strapping, and fire hose casings (for padding)-- was thoroughly tested on weekend excursions to Cape Cod. Shortly afterward, Allen took his design to market, and by 1971 had established a national presence for his product.
Today, the family-owned company holds dozens of patents, and manages a design, manufacturing, distribution, and sales operation in regions around the world including the USA, Canada, China, Europe, UK, the Middle East, and Central and South America.
Amazon.ca Product Description
Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle. Patented sure strap lower strap keeps bottom hook in place during use. Comes fully assembled - installs in seconds. Black powder coated finish.
From the Manufacturer
Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle. Patented sure strap lower strap keeps bottom hook in place during use. Comes fully assembled, installs in seconds. Black powder coated finish.
Reviewed in Canada on May 19, 2023
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reviewed in Canada 🇨🇦 on May 19, 2023
Top reviews from other countries
1. Check the Allen Sports website to see if it will fit your particular vehicle. DO NOT take it at face value when reviewers on here say it DOES or DOES NOT fit a certain vehicle. They may not know how to install it, or they may be installing it incorrectly (i.e. unsafely) in order to ‘make’ it work.
2. The instructions for mounting the rack are fairly good but you really have to read them closely - ESPECIALLY when it comes to the bottom hook. The top and side hooks are fairly logical and self-explanatory… although make sure you use the correct hooks for top and side. The top hooks are bigger/wider than the side hooks, and the side hooks are also labeled.
3. KEY for certain vehicles - this is the issue that ALMOST made me think that this wouldn’t work for me (even though Allen Sports said it would). The bottom hook has several ways to be utilized, depending on your vehicle. The main issue is whether you have something metal to clip the hook to. Today many bumpers, and even the bottom of cargo doors are a hardened plastic, OR they have no ‘lip’ over which to clip the hook. This was the case for me… and even though I read the alternate ways to solidly connect the bottom hook, it wasn’t apparent to me at first. Ultimately, you don’t really connect that bottom hook TO anything, but instead open the trunk/cargo door slightly and put the hook inside and close the trunk/cargo door back, which secures the hook inside the vehicle and you just tighten the strap.
4. Depending on your car, and on your risk tolerance, you may want to consider using electrical tape around the hooks (some or all, depending on your vehicle) to help cushion and protect any paint. Since my vehicle is a 2013 it wasn’t an issue I was particularly concerned with but I did go ahead and opt to do it - figured it was easy to do and certainly wouldn’t hurt anything by doing it.
5. Definitely do something to secure the tires, to keep them from spinning, and inthe case of the front tire, to keep it from swiveling and hitting the vehicle. You can use the excess on the tie down straps, or just use a bungee cord.
The rack works perfectly on my Honda CRV and is actually even more steady/firm than I was expecting. Overall I could not be more pleased and am ready to hit the road!
Would be better if it came with some decent elastics to stow excess webbing after tightening.
1) It will block your license plate.
2) It cannot be secured to the car. Anyone with a sharp knife can take the unit in seconds.
Its a basic cradle for carrying your bike for a day trip.
Recommend placing 3M Clear Bra Paint Protector Tape on your trunk lid, and any where else there's contact, to protect against friction to paint as this unit does sit on your trunk lid. Look for 3M protector at window tinting places. You may get lucky and obtain a few left over piece(s) for free. Or procure at Amazon in 6" by 25" rolls. 3M protector is very tough but easy to remove with a hand blow dryer to restore your car back to original state.
If you're looking for something locking and more secure I'm afraid you will need to spend more money. This unit It is designed for two bikes but make sure they are light weight. It carries one bike well but two bikes may stress out your car metal even thou the rack is designed for two. You will need to procure additional nylon ties for securing the bike to the rack tightly. The provided lock down straps just don't cut it as you may see your bike passing you on a simple trip. And if you are worried about security, this is not bike rack you seek. Did I say that?
So no locking function, cannot secure to car, provided straps are less than average, will damage car paint and may dent thin metal cars if transporting two bikes. Beside all these drawbacks, it works beautifully in transporting bikes for a day trip plus the cost is right. Another plus is I can leave the unit in my car trunk until I need it and there is no further assembly or disassembling as the unit is ready when you are. YES you can secure the unit within a few minutes WITH REMOVAL if you are worried. This is a basic cut rate, get it done, no bells and whistles rack.
Enjoy those sunny bike rides!
The good - it works as described. Not going to lie, the set-up was fairly easy, despite the poorly translated instruction sheet. My bike has never fallen off during my trips. The straps are sturdy and hold up under pressure.
An annoyance (to me): So, to ensure the rack does indeed stay in place and hold your bike in place, you have to place the 2 side straps along the edges of your trunk and you have to tighten the heck out of them. If you don't and drive over 45 mph, the side strap will come loose and rattle, making a God awful noise. So, making them SO tight, you can imagine what happens. The metal edges of these side straps (and actually the top ones as well) will end up grinding a bit and takes paint off your car's paint job on the edges of the trunk. Not a huge deal, I'll just have to get some touch-up paint -- but it's annoying. I may experiment supergluing a thin layer of foam on the metal end of the straps to see if that helps.
Overall, it does what it says it will do and it's not hard to put on and take off. Just be aware that it will chip off some paint on your trunk area where the straps attach. This is being used on a 2022 Toyota Corolla, a car this IS listed as compatible with. Again, it works great and I'm glad my bike survives the trips I take it on.