Ann C. Logue
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Ann C. Logue
Ann Logue is a freelance writer and consulting analyst who is fascinated by business and technology. Among her clients and publications are Barron's, The New York Times, Newsweek Japan, Compliance Week, and the International Monetary Fund. She also teaches finance at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She holds a B.A. from Northwestern University, an M.B.A. from the University of Chicago, and the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Ann C. Logue
Understand how day trading works—and get an action plan
Due to the fluctuating economy, trade wars, and new tax laws, the risks and opportunities for day traders are changing. Now, more than ever, trading can be intimidating due to the different methods and strategies of traders on Wall Street. Day Trading For Dummies provides anyone interested in this quick-action trading with the information they need to get started and maintain their assets.
From classic and renegade strategies to the nitty-gritty of daily trading practices, this book gives you the knowledge and confidence you'll need to keep a cool head, manage risk, and make decisions instantly as you buy and sell your positions.
- New trading products such as cryptocurrencies
- Updated information on SEC rules and regulations and tax laws
- Using options to manage risk and make money
- Expanded information on programming
If you’re someone who needs to know a lot about day trading in a short amount of time, this is your place to start.
Authored by Ann Logue, a financial writer and hedge fund specialist, this handy, friendly guide covers all the bases for investors of all levels. Whether you’re just building your first portfolio or you’ve been investing for years, you’ll find everything you need to know inside:
- What a hedge fund is and what it does
- How hedge funds are structured
- Determining whether a hedge fund is right for your portfolio
- Calculating investment risk and return
- Short- and long-term tax issues
- Developing a hedge fund investment strategy
- Monitoring and profiting on macroeconomic trends
- Evaluating fund performance
- Evaluating hedge fund management
If you’re investing for the future, you definitely want to minimize your risk and maximize your returns. A balanced portfolio with hedge funds is one of the best ways to achieve that sort of balance. This book walks you step by step through the process of evaluating and choosing funds, incorporating them into your portfolio in the right amounts, and making sure they give you the returns you expect and deserve. You’ll learn all the ins and outs of funds, including:
- What kind of fees you should expect to pay
- Picking a hedge fund advisor or broker
- Fulfilling paperwork and purchasing requirements
- Performing technical analysis and reading the data
- How to withdraw funds and handle the taxes
- Tracking fund performance yourself or through reporting services
- Hedge fund strategies for smaller portfolios
- Performing due diligence on funds that interest you
This friendly, to-the-point resource includes information you can’t do without, including sample portfolios that show you how to invest wisely. Hedge funds are an important part of every balanced portfolio, and this friendly guide tells how to use them to your best advantage. With important resources, vital information, and commonsense advice, Hedge Funds For Dummies is the perfect resource for every investor interested in hedge funds.
Rasanter Handel ??? schnelle Gewinne
Der aktive, kurzfristige Handel mit Aktien, W??hrungen, Optionen oder Futures bietet riesige Gewinnchancen, birgt aber auch bedeutende Risiken. Ann C. Logue zeigt verst??ndlich auf, wie Sie als Anleger die M??glichkeiten des Daytradings planvoll nutzen und dabei finanziell nicht zu viel wagen. Von der Auswahl der Basiswerte, der Auswertung von Charts ??ber die Bestimmung der Positionsgr????en bis zum Stressmanagement beschreibt die Autorin, wie Sie professionell handeln, statt zu zocken.
- Wer beim Daytrading den Markt macht und was das f??r Sie bedeutet
- Wie Sie die richtigen Basiswerte finden und Positionsgr????en bestimmen
- Wie Sie die mentalen Herausforderungen des Daytradings souver??n meistern
This plain-English guide shows you how day trading works, identifies its all-too-numerous pitfalls, and get you started with an action plan. From classic and renegade strategies to the nitty-gritty of daily trading practices, it gives you the knowledge and confidence you'll need to keep a cool head, manage risk, and make decisions instantly as you buy and sell your positions. Learn how to:
- Set up your accounts and your office
- Connect with research and trading services
- Plan and research trades carefully and thoroughly
- Comply with regulations issues and tax requirements
- Leverage limited capital
- Cope with the stress quick-action trading
- Sell short to profit from price drops
- Evaluate your day-trading performance
- Use technical and fundamental analysis
- Find entry and exit points
- Use short-term trading to establish a long-term portfolio
You'll also find Top-Ten Lists of good reasons to go into day trading, or run from it in terror, as well as lists of the most common (and expensive) mistakes day traders make. Read Day Trading For Dummies and get the tips, guidance, and solid foundation you need to succeed in this thrilling, lucrative and rewarding career.