|Digital List Price:||CDN$ 29.95|
|Print List Price:||CDN$ 29.99|
|Kindle Price:|| CDN$ 16.47 |
Save CDN$ 13.52 (45%)
Follow the Author
The Art of Coaching Workbook: Tools to Make Every Conversation Count 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
A practical guide for getting the most out of The Art of Coaching
The Art of Coaching Workbook is the resource you’ve been waiting for to accompany Elena Aguilar’s The Art of Coaching. Ideal for new and novice coaches, as well as for those who have years of coaching under their belt, this workbook will help you improve your coaching skills.
This vital companion text includes:
- Dozens of activities to help you internalize the concepts described in The Art of Coaching
- Exercises to guide you in identifying your own coaching beliefs, style, and practices
- Short and lengthy transcripts of coaching conversations
- Additional examples of key concepts in The Art of Coaching, including the Ladder of Inference and the Coaching Lenses
- New ideas and information that build on those in The Art of Coaching
This workbook is also for those who lead and manage coaches. An entire chapter is dedicated to structures, routines, and practices that are easy to implement in professional development sessions. In addition, a new Transformational Coaching Rubric and other tools for assessment and reflection are included. If you aspire to provide meaningful learning for coaches, and you already have The Art of Coaching, this workbook is all you’ll need.
From the Publisher
FROM THE AUTHORS:
We're so glad you're here. We know that you are a committed educator, and we're excited that you've taken the leap into a coaching role—or perhaps you've been thrown into one! Well, here you are: eager to coach and wondering what exactly you are supposed to do.
We want to help you feel confident in this wonderful world of coaching—and help you build your skills as a coach. We wish that all coaches had coaches, so imagine us as your coaches, sitting by your side as you embark on, or continue, this journey. We'll provide maps and a compass, we'll share tips for getting through rough waters, we'll offer exercises that'll build your coaching muscles quickly, and we'll encourage you. In addition, we'll help you figure out who you want to be as a coach and how you can find joy and fulfillment in this work.
At their essence, coaching strategies are exceptionally refined communication skills. Coaching is all about listening and speaking—and everyone can benefit from further developing their communication. When our communication skills are refined, we can make every conversation count toward creating a more just and equitable world.
An educator's strengths could be categorized into three areas: head-based, heart-based, and hand-based. Most of us have strengths in all of these areas, although we can also have one area in which we're stronger than the others. The ability to see someone's strengths is key when coaching—your clients will trust you and be more receptive to your coaching if they know that you see their potential strengths.
Do this activity so that you can appreciate yourself and gain insight into how to play to your strengths as a coach.
- Read through the description and examples of each type of educator strength
- Think about people you know who have these strengths and what makes them good coaches
- Take some time to think about yourself as a coach, teacher, and educator and jot down your strengths to see in which category you already excel or you have room to grow
STRENGTHS-BASED COACHING: HEAD, HEART, HANDS
This person is great at unit design, budgeting, or creating a master schedule.
This person remembers the names of students' parents, boosts morale during hard times, or speaks up when there's tension in a team.
This person organizes Back-to-School Night, creates beautiful displays of student work, or has a very organized classroom.
About the Author
ELENA AGUILAR is the bestselling author of The Art of Coaching, The Art of Coaching Teams, Onward, and Coaching for Equity. She is also founder and president of Bright Morning Consulting, an international education, coaching and consulting firm. Her expertise derives from twenty years as a classroom teacher and educational coach.--This text refers to the paperback edition.
From the Inside Flap
The Art of Coaching WORKBOOK
Step-by-Step Coaching Tips, Techniques, and Activities to Renew Your Confidence and Build on Your Strengths
Elena Aguilar's bestselling guide The Art of Coaching has helped thousands of coaches and teacher leaders rise to their full potential and inspire others to work for student success and educational equity. The Art of Coaching Workbook is a just-in-time companion manualwhich also works wonderfully as a standalone resource guideproviding 400 pages of practical activities and walkthroughs to help you implement better coaching in any environment.
This workbook covers the central elements of educational coaching, with a focus on developing equity and understanding the role of beliefs and biases. These activities will take you on a journey of self-discovery and empower you to:
- Understand your own coaching style, develop your personal coaching mantras, and celebrate your strengths
- Build trust in any educational setting by developing a deep knowledge of the school culture and teachers' strengths
- Become a better listener, deal with difficult emotions or resistant teachers, and know what to do when the going gets rough
- Provide effective coaching in any setting, including video-based coaching
- Refine your coaching skills and facilitate professional development for coaches
"This companion to The Art of Coaching is the book coaches have been clamoring for!"
Raiza Cruz Lisboa, Trainer of coaches, Washington, D.C.
- ASIN : B08KTJX557
- Publisher : Jossey-Bass; 1st edition (Oct. 6 2020)
- Language : English
- File size : 10123 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 537 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1119758998
- Best Sellers Rank: #554,399 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
A very good resource to reinforce the concepts being introduced. Adding to my tool belt !