The Baby Sleep Book: The Complete Guide to a Good Night's Rest for the Whole Family: The Sears Parenting Library Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
Audible Audiobook, Unabridged
|Free with your Audible trial|
Audio CD, Illustrated
Everything you need to know about getting your baby or toddler to sleep - from America's foremost baby and childcare experts
For every parent deprived of sleep by a restless infant or toddler, now there's hope. The Baby Sleep Book is the comprehensive, reassuring, solution-filled resource that every family will want to own.
Babies don't automatically know how to sleep through the night; they need to be taught. The Sears family has learned from decades of pediatric practice, bolstered by their own parenting experiences, that different babies have different nighttime temperaments - and, of course, different families have different lifestyles. Instead of espousing the kind of "one method fits all" approach advocated in other baby sleep guides, the Sears family explains how you can create a sleep plan that suits the needs of your entire family.
With a sharp focus on practical tools and techniques, The Baby Sleep Book covers such topics as the following:
- The facts of infant sleep vs adult sleep
- Figuring out where, when, and how your child sleeps best
- Fail-safe methods for soothing a crying infant
- How to make night nursing easier, and how to stop
- Nighttime fathering tips
- Whether co-sleeping makes sense for you
- Nap-time strategies that work
- Medical and physical causes of night waking
- Sleep habits in special situations, such as traveling, teething, and illness
Like all books in the highly popular Sears Parenting Library, The Baby Sleep Book is clear, comforting, and uniquely authoritative. Its flexible sensitive approach to solving babies' sleep problems distinguishes it as definitive - an unrivaled book that offers immediate results.
- Free trial includes 1 credit in your first month good for any title of your choice, yours to keep.
- Plus, you can enjoy unlimited listening to The Plus Catalogue—thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- You'll unlock exclusive member-only sales, as well as 30% off your purchases of any additional titles.
- After 30 days Audible is $14.95/month + applicable taxes. Renews automatically.
People who bought this also bought
Related to this topic
|Listening Length||11 hours and 15 minutes|
|Author||William Sears MD, Robert Sears MD, James Sears MD, Martha Sears RN, Dr. James McKenna - foreword|
|Audible.ca Release Date||January 08 2019|
|Publisher||Blackstone Audio, Inc.|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #62,597 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#97 in Sleep Disorders (Audible Books & Originals)
#113 in Parenting Infants & Toddlers
#273 in Children's Health (Audible Books & Originals)
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It changed my attitude towards baby sleep. It offered OPTIONS, things to try, and reassurance to me, a first time parent.
My daughter is now almost 9 weeks old. She sleeps for long stretches at night and I have to wake up to dream feed her at 2am and 6am. What changed? I stopped fretting. I tried different things and found what worked for her. I didn't set a concrete routine, but rather a bunch of things to help my daughter sleep. I look for cues before listening for the "I'm sleepy!" cry. She is content and secure, so she sleeps well. This week, I started having to wake HER up to eat at night!
This book is well worth the money!
In the end, however, I still feel that there is something missing, that the pages were too simplistic. Ultimately, I'd say this is a good starting point to help you get a sense of direction, but not a final solution.