|Digital List Price:||CDN$ 153.00|
|Print List Price:||CDN$ 153.00|
|Kindle Price:|| CDN$ 145.35 |
Save CDN$ 7.65 (5%)
|Sold by:||Amazon.com.ca, Inc.|
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Authors
Becoming an Ethical Helping Professional: Cultural and Philosophical Foundations 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
An engaging way to cover ethical choices in counseling settings
This guide will take readers on a wide-ranging tour of ethics—covering both the theoretical and practical aspects of providing sound, ethical care. In addition to invaluable information, this book provides access to chapter objectives, candid case studies, stories from both students and counselors, questions for reflection, and student discussion activities.
Coverage goes beyond a laundry-list approach to rules of conduct, and plumbs the philosophical roots embedded in today's professional codes. Engaging case studies explore how ethical rules and principles apply in various real-world settings and specialties.
After covering ethical philosophies, codes, and standards, Becoming an Ethical Helping Professional further discusses:
- The helping relationship from beginning to end
- Confidentiality and trust
- Boundaries, roles, and limits
- Assessment: peering through the right lens
- Research, efficacy, and competence
John & Rita Sommers-Flanagan have written an exceptional resource that considers both the process and the content of making ethical choices as a counselor or psychotherapist.
- Kindle (5th Generation)
- Kindle Keyboard
- Kindle DX
- Kindle (2nd Generation)
- Kindle (1st Generation)
- Kindle Paperwhite
- Kindle Paperwhite (5th Generation)
- Kindle Touch
- Kindle Oasis
About the Author
JOHN SOMMERS-FLANAGAN, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Counseling at the University of Montana and a mental health consultant with Trapper Creek Job Corps. He also maintains a private practice.
Rita and John are the authors of two previous texts: Clinical Interviewing, now in its third edition, and Counseling and Psychotherapy Theories in Context and Practice: Skills, Strategies, and Techniques (both from Wiley).--This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition.
- ASIN : B00TWK3QD2
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (May 19 2015)
- Language : English
- File size : 1637 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Up to 3 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Sticky notes : On Kindle Scribe
- Print length : 395 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 0471738107
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,460,755 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- #786 in Business Ethics Textbooks
- #904 in Business Ethics eBooks
- #1,361 in Business Life (Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on December 18, 2017