The Bible Doesn't Say That: 40 Biblical Mistranslations, Misconceptions, and Other Misunderstandings Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
Audible Audiobook, Unabridged
|Free with your Audible trial|
A vast listenership wants better access to the ancient words and ideas of the Bible. In The Bible Doesn't Say That, Dr. Joel M. Hoffman walks the listener through dozens of instances of mistranslations, misconceptions, and other misunderstandings about the Bible. In 40 short chapters, Hoffman covers fundamental theology, morality, lifestyle, and biblical imagery:
- The famous New Testament quotation "God so loved the world" is a mistranslation, as are the titles "Son of Man" and "Son of God".
- The Bible doesn't call homosexuality a sin, and it doesn't advocate for the one-man-one-woman model of the family that has been dubbed "biblical".
- Jesus had siblings, in spite of the Catholic rhetoric about the "ever-Virgin Mary".
- The Ten Commandments don't prohibit killing or coveting.
Even many of the Bible's details end up distorted: The fruit in the Garden of Eden wasn't an apple, it wasn't a whale that swallowed Jonah, and many animals marched onto Noah's ark in groups of seven, not pairs. The Bible Doesn't Say That succinctly explains each misunderstanding, detailing the nature of what went wrong and offering insight into the original meaning of the world's most popular book.
- Free trial includes 1 credit in your first month good for any title of your choice, yours to keep.
- Plus, you can enjoy unlimited listening to The Plus Catalogue—thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- You'll unlock exclusive member-only sales, as well as 30% off your purchases of any additional titles.
- After 30 days Audible is $14.95/month + applicable taxes. Renews automatically.
People who bought this also bought
Related to this topic
Only from Audible
|Listening Length||9 hours and 55 minutes|
|Author||Joel M. Hoffman|
|Narrator||Jonathan Todd Ross|
|Audible.ca Release Date||February 16 2016|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #134,843 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#263 in History of Christianity
#497 in Judaism (Audible Books & Originals)
#533 in History of Judaism (Books)