|Place of Business||MARKHAM, ON, L6C 2S3 CA|
|Product Dimensions||7.49 x 8.79 x 15.7 cm; 108.86 Grams|
|Item model number||476879|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
|Included Components||HueW 9.5W A19 E26 CA|
|Item Weight||109 g|
|Country of origin||China|
Compare Offers on Amazon
Philips Hue 476879 Hue 9.5W A19 E26 White Bulb, A Certified for Humans Device
|Bulb shape size||A19|
|Controller type||Amazon Alexa|
About this item
- 2 CHOICES FOR EASY SMART LIGHTING: Simply want to set the mood? Start with Bluetooth app control. Add up to 10 Hue Bluetooth/Zigbee smart bulbs with the (free) Hue Bluetooth app. Control them all with just the touch of a button on your mobile device or your favorite voice assistant. Add the Hue Hub to for whole-home smart lighting (up to 50 light points) and bonus features
- PREVIOUS PHILIPS HUE CUSTOMERS: This smart light, while Bluetooth compatible, will continue to work with your Hue Hub and can be seamlessly integrated into your Hue Ecosystem. Continue to light your home smarter with Philips Hue
- CONTROL LIGHTS WITH YOUR VOICE: Works with Alexa for hands-free voice control. Easily connect your Philips Hue Bluetooth smart lighting directly with Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Generation), Echo Plus and Echo Show (2nd Generation), with support for additional Echo devices available in the fall. Amazon Echo devices also support voice control of Philips Hue Bluetooth smart lighting through the Philips Hue Hub. Input voltage-110V-130V
- UNLOCK HUE'S FULL POTENTIAL: For the full set of smart light features, add a Hue Hub (sold separately) to your smart lights to experience the full set of Philips Hue features. With a Hue Hub, you can control up to 50 smart lights throughout your home (even outdoor). Create timers and routines to automate your entire smart home lighting setup; use your lights to wake up and go to sleep; or make it look like you're home when you're on vacation using presence mimicking features. Control your lights while away from home or add accessories such as motion sensors and smart switches to further enhance your experience. The possibilities are yours to unlock when you add the Hue Hub (sold separately)
- EASILY EXPAND YOUR SMART HOME: Once you add the Hue Hub you can sync your Hue smart lighting with other Smart Home Devices like Apple HomeKit or SmartThings systems. Sync your lights with Music or PC Games with the (free) Hue Sync software on your PC. Easily expand your smart lighting system with accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor
- Certified for Humans: Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
New to smart lighting? Get started with easy smart lighting with this Hue smart bulb. Just using Bluetooth, without the Hue Hub, you can control up to 10 lights in 1 room. Comfy on the couch? No need to get up to change your lights. Control your lights using the (free) Hue Bluetooth app or with just your voice with Alexa (Google Assistant coming soon). Want to upgrade your whole home with smart lighting? Add a Hue Hub to control up to 50 light points, get access the full Hue capabilities (Home & away control, timers/routines, more smart home partners) and extended product portfolio (indoor/outdoor smart lighting and accessories). Already a Philips Hue customer? This bulb is also compatible with the Hue Hub. Philips Hue, the creator of Smart Lighting, brings you the most comprehensive, up-to-date and secure smart lighting ecosystem.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It can create some truly spectacular colours. Full of saturation and beautiful to look at, and the amount of control is amazing.
The problem is that the bulb is very, very dim. I use it in a ceiling fixture in a very small room (roughly 8’ x 10’) and light from this bulb barely even reaches all four walls. At full brightness and any colour, even very natural ones, the room is still dim at best, and dark at worst.
On top of this, setup and pairing with smart home devices is a nightmare. Getting this thing into pairing mode is a nightmare, and I still haven’t been able to link it to my Alexa ecosystem despite claims that they are compatible.
Overall, a pretty disappointing first experience with smart bulbs, but it’s cheap enough that I still leave it 3 stars.
This is SO much nicer!
I didn't need to setup the Bridge to get it going. Once it's turned on, it's ready to pair via Bluetooth. The Hue App is easy to understand, too, and takes you step by step through the setup process. And if there's a problem Philips has a help desk to walk you through troubleshooting. This late in the game, there are quite a few updates to download. But I'll take that over my first set of cheap, knockoff, buggy smart lights any day.
I'd recommend these lights rather than splashing around with the knockoff lights. Super happy with my new Hue.
This thing works, and easy - just replace your regular light bulb with this, download the Philips app and now you can turn the lights on and off with your phone. Sadly, it does not support Siri yet, so if you have iPhone, you cant just ask Siri to turn the light off, you will have to navigate to the app on your phone and tap on the "Light off" button! Horrible? Nah, it's fine.
........but maybe try drop those prices a bit for us fanboys. Don’t want to go broke putting together a house-worth of lighting!
PS: Not sure why motion detection was a rating option for these, but that’s it’s own thing.
I actually went through them all with Alexa commands. It took awhile!
And only 4 Alexa couldn't get...
- Olive Green (Yet, Alexa got other Olive colours/colors)
- Random (Not even sure if that's a colour/color they've listed, or just a command to just do a random selection?)
Overall, its great!
Top reviews from other countries
All you do is set up your Echo Dot if not already done. You should probably wait while it connects to your other devices. Then screw in the lightbulb and turn on the lamp/light fixture. At this point, Alexa should say new light found, but it didn't. I had to say "Alexa discover devices" Alexa named the device "First Light" Then I was able to say turn on first light, turn off first light, dim first light. There is a video on this page that tells you the exact same thing. This is the video to follow. I just wish there had been directions with this lightbulb that said how to hook it up with an Alexa device and I hadn't wasted hours of my time.
I have them set on routines to go on and off everyday. Works perfect.
Original Review: Huge waste of money. Way too difficult to set up and then even after finally getting them set up, they stopped responding to my Google Home Mini after about a week. Disconnected them to try and reset, now they won’t connect again. Probably going to send them back. Way more trouble than they’re worth.
That being said, the week they worked was pretty cool. Nice and bright at full blast but also dimmable; though the dimmest setting could be a a bit dimmer still in my opinion. I liked being able to control it with my voice and set the “gentle wake” mode that slowly increased the brightness in the morning before my alarm. If only they had worked for more than a week.
Reviewed in the United States on December 4, 2019