Cost Estimation: Methods and Tools: Wiley Series in Operations Research and Management Science Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
Audible Audiobook, Unabridged
|Free with your Audible trial|
Presents an accessible approach to the cost estimation tools, concepts, and techniques needed to support analytical and cost decisions
With an easy-to-understand approach, Cost Estimation: Methods and Tools provides comprehensive coverage of the quantitative techniques needed by professional cost estimators and for those wanting to learn about this vibrant career field. Featuring the underlying mathematical and analytical principles of cost estimation, the book focuses on the tools and methods used to predict the research and development, production, and operating and support costs for successful cost estimation in industrial, business, and manufacturing processes.
The book begins with a detailed historical perspective and key terms of the cost estimating field in order to develop the necessary background prior to implementing the presented quantitative methods. The book proceeds to fundamental cost estimation methods utilized in the field of cost estimation, including working with inflation indices, regression analysis, learning curves, analogies, cost factors, and wrap rates.
With a step-by-step introduction to the practicality of cost estimation and the available resources for obtaining relevant data, Cost Estimation: Methods and Tools also features:
- Various cost estimating tools, concepts, and techniques needed to support business decisions
- Multiple questions at the end of each chapter to help listeners obtain a deeper understanding of the discussed methods and techniques
- An overview of the software used in cost estimation, as well as an introduction to the application of risk and uncertainty analysis
- A foreword from Dr. Douglas A. Brook, a professor in the Graduate School of Business and Public Policy at the Naval Postgraduate School, who spent many years working in the Department of Defense acquisition environment
Cost Estimation: Methods and Tools is an excellent reference for academics and practitioners in decision science, operations research, operations management, business, and systems and industrial engineering, as well as a useful guide in support of professional cost estimation training and certification courses for practitioners. The book is also appropriate for graduate-level courses in operations research, operations management, engineering economics, and manufacturing and/or production processes.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
- 1 credit a month good for any title of your choice, yours to keep.
- The Plus Catalogue—listen all you want to thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Access to exclusive member-only sales, as well as 30% off your purchases of any additional titles.
- After 30 days Audible is $14.95/month + applicable taxes. Renews automatically.
|Listening Length||15 hours and 46 minutes|
|Author||Gregory K. Mislick, Daniel A. Nussbaum, Douglas A. Brook - foreword|
|Audible.ca Release Date||November 20 2018|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #127,125 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#100 in Corporate & Public Finance
#268 in Industrial Production & Management
#489 in Management Science in Leadership