Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Dad FC | Debut Dads: The First Season of Fatherhood: A Parenting Book for Dads Paperback – Aug. 19 2016
Enhance your purchase
The ultimate gift from bump for new dads and expectant fathers. Lean how to tackle everything in the first year of parenting!
Having a baby is one of the most significant, exciting and scary things in a man's life. It's great to have the familiar surrounding of a football season to guide you through it, step by step! You'll be shocked at how much football and fatherhood have in common!
Dad FC's ground-breaking book is a must-have for new dads and dads-to-be. 'Debut Dads - The First Season of Fatherhood' is packed with tricks, tactics and strategies for tackling the first 12 months of being a first time father.
Approved by a child psychologist and developed with a trained midwife:
You get pre-season preparation plans, you learn the Crazy Gang approach to parenting and you get familiar with the baby care set pieces including bottle feeding, nappy changing and sleeping routines.
The perfect gift for dad comes equipped with checklists and tips to help new fathers before they kick off, followed by ultimate guides to the relationship with mum (aka 'Head Coach'), bonding with babies and injury time woes. This jam-packed baby care book for dads also covers the most popular questions expectant dads chant from the terraces, such as:
-- How long will it take before I have a connection with my baby?
-- When should I give my baby their first bath?
-- Can new fathers get postnatal depression?
-- How do I know if my baby has colic?
A great Father's Day gift from bump. Discover everything you need to know including:
• Pre-season: how to get the stadium kitted out and ready for the new arrival during pregnancy and labour
• Making your debut: everything you need to think about from the moment your baby is born
• Sleep and 3am Kick Offs: advice on baby sleep, crying in the night and sleep deprivation
• Baby vs Food: feeding, weaning and solid foods guide for parents
• Travel and away games: advice on leaving the home and the lowdown on prams and pushchairs
• Relationship with Head Coach (the mum): new dad playbook for calm, stress-free co-parenting
• The manager of Dad FC: a survival guide on becoming 'daddy', wellbeing, and the Crazy Gang approach to parenting
• Injury time: essential dealings with injuries and illness
• The Loan System: guidebook for managing childcare and child minders
• Bonding with Babies: a no-drama (mindful) approach that you wish your parents had read! OK, maybe that's harsh on the new grandparents!
• The Big Games of the Season: month by month baby development and how you can play and learn with them
• Win it like Leicester City: win parenting like Ranieri won the league with Leicester - the comparisons are uncanny. No seriously!
Finalist 2016 - Wishing Shelf Book Awards
#1 Bestseller in Parenting
#1 Bestseller in Family Relationships
#1 Bestseller in Fatherhood
Amazon, UK, 2018
What Amazon readers are saying:
★★★★★ "Funny, relatable and educational"
★★★★★ "Must buy for fathers to be!"
★★★★★ "Good and fun look at parenthood. Lots of good info"
★★★★★ "Well thought-out, simply written (always good for a self-help book)
★★★★★ "Bought this for my husband during my pregnancy. He is a huge football fan and loved the book! He has raved about it to his friends and is always coming out with random tips that he has learnt from it. Makes a perfect present for a dad to be who likes football."
Grab your copy today!
Frequently bought together
About the Author
"Future fathers - get it, current ones - enjoy the read too"
"Perfect for first time managers [dads]"
"I've laughed on every page"
"Especially love the football analogies!"
Alex is a huge football fan who became a parent. From humble beginnings in the Midlands, Alex did what almost all other young boys did - play, live and breathe football. Life has taken him on a few different journeys (to football stadiums across the country mainly) but perhaps the biggest journey of all for Alex was his venture into fatherhood. "I've always had a passion for creating things - so to write and produce a book that might just make a few dads' lives easier (or give them a few chuckles) is a privilege" Alex is an author and digital contractor. He works on the world's most popular children's phonics game. Alex spends the rest of his time with his friends and lovely little family in Kent.
- Publisher : CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Aug. 19 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 219 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1533539170
- ISBN-13 : 978-1533539175
- Item weight : 299 g
- Dimensions : 15.24 x 1.27 x 22.86 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #462,641 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 21, 2019
I read the book prior to giving it to my husband, it is very easy to read but comprehensive too. Shame some of the books aimed for mothers to be aren’t written in a similar style.