Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Debby Mitchell
"Simple STEAM: 50+ Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math Activities for Ages 3 to 6" Book was an AWARD WINNER!
Recipient of: Creative Child Magazine 2018 Book of the Year Award, Activity Books Category
2019 Teachers' Choice Award for the Family
Dr. Debby Mitchell retired from teaching in the College of Education at University of Central Florida. Her expertise and interests include: STEAM, brain research, developmentally appropriate movement activities and music, dance and rhythms, children's wellness, obesity and integrating technology into the curriculum.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Debby Mitchell
STEM Play provides varied activities for the most common centers: Art, blocks, dramatic play, literacy, math, science, music and movement. Full of beautiful, fullcolor photos that show the activities in real early childhood classrooms, teachers can easily use the book’s ideas immediately in their curriculum.
STEM Play also includes a “How To” section for teachers who wish to expand on the STEM focus and use themed activities in their learning centers.
Parents are eager to help their children learn, but teaching young children complicated scientific and mathematical concepts can be intimidating. Simple STEAM helps parents realize they don’t need to be engineers or scientists to support STEAM learning.
- Help children explore STEAM concepts with fun and engaging activities
- Discover STEAM learning opportunities in everyday activities and experiences
- Prepare children for kindergarten
- Build crucial 21st century learning skills, including collaboration, communication, creativity and problem solving, curiosity, and critical thinking
- Creative Child Magazine 2018 Book of the Year Award, Activity Books Category
- 2019 Teachers' Choice Award for the Family