Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Dolls Kids Can Make Paperback – Sept. 1 1995
A doll is an alter ego, a collectable, a loveable huggable best friend who always listens. Nothing makes a doll more special than being handmade. Now kids can make dolls for themselves, their friends, for bazaars or as gifts. This book shows how to make eleven very different dolls from a very simple, one hour crib toy to a weekend project, with simple step-by-step instructions, each accompanied by a full color photo.
- Make cuddly tiny dolls, ornaments a lace doll filled with potpourri, a granny mop doll, an up-to-date Cool Dude rag doll, a life-size baby dall, even an amazing double doll. Turn it one way and she's Little Red Riding Hood. Turn it the other way and he's the Big Bad Wolf.
- Easy-to-get, inexpensive, up-to-date materials -- a pair of stretchy gloves, a cotton sock, a facecloth, panti-hose and a mop head -- are cleverly designed to eliminate most sewing.
- For the sewing beginner, this is a fun, rewarding way to learn.
- More than 200 color photos!
From School Library Journal
Carole B. Kirkpatrick, Terminal Park Elementary School, Auburn, WA
Copyright 1996 Reed Business Information, Inc.
About the Author
Shelia McGraw is author of Painting and Decorating Furniture, Papier Mâché Today, Gifts Kids Can Make, Papier Mâché for Kids, and Soft Toys to Sew. She is the illustrator of the best-selling children's books Love You Forever, and Lightning Bug Thunder as well as author/illustrator of Pussycats Everywhere.
- Publisher : Firefly Books; Oversize Trade PB edition (Sept. 1 1995)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 72 pages
- ISBN-10 : 189556574X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1895565744
- Item weight : 272 g
- Dimensions : 20.96 x 0.64 x 27.94 cm
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top review from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My daughter and I are going to make "Little Guy" first. He only takes an hour to do and it is so simple using a pair of stretchy one-size-fits-all gloves, thread, glue and hair for its head. So simple. I can't wait to get started. It lists all the necesary items and optional choices to personalize your doll.
Patterns range from easy to more detailed sewing with a machine, but are simple enough for a child (around 8 and up) to do supervised by an adult.
A great craft book worthy of 5 stars.