Dr. Cyndi Burnett
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Dr. Cyndi Burnett
Dr. Cyndi Burnett is a creativity and education specialist who is devoted to developing creative and engaging lessons in education. She spent twenty years as an academic, teaching deliberate creative thinking and creative problem-solving at the Center for Creativity and Change Leadership at SUNY Buffalo State. She is currently developing a CreativityandEducation.com platform to help educators navigate how to bring creativity into their classrooms.
Dr. Burnett has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theater, a Master of Science degree in Creativity, and a Doctorate of Education in Curriculum, Teaching, and Learning, all of which she uses to help “ignite creativity in education around the world.” Her academic interests include: the use of creative teaching and learning models and techniques, creative thinking in higher education, and current trends in creativity.
Her work includes projects such as: working with educators to bring creative thinking into the classroom, connecting communities of creative thinkers via social media, and designing and running a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Everyday Creativity. She is the recipient of the President's Medal for Excellence in Teaching 2018 by SUNY Buffalo State; was Buffalo Business First, Woman of Influence 2018 for her work in creativity; and was featured in an article in The New York Times titled, “Creativity Becomes an Academic Discipline.” She is the co-editor of the Big Questions in Creativity book series and co-author of the books Weaving Creativity into Every Strand of Your Curriculum, 20 Lessons for Weaving Creativity into Your Curriculum, and My Sandwich Is a Spaceship: Creative Thinking for Parents and Young Children.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Dr. Cyndi Burnett
1) Society and Creativity: Eva Teruzzi: Product measurement: How do I know it is creative? Julia Figliotti: What is the correlation between mental health and creativity? Rumman Ahmad: Does culture affect creativity and innovation? An emic perspective from Pakistan Adela Vangelisti: What are the relationships between creativity and the choreographic process?
2) Organizational Creativity: José Pablo Alcázar Zamacona: Should creativity be a strategic tool for 21st century organizations? Linda Salna: Why is creative thinking important now?
3) Individual Creativity: Mariano Tosso: How to unlock the potential of your insight? Darlene Kent: Fail UP: How might we embrace failure?
4) Education & Creativity: Dee Langsenkamp: How might creativity enhance the future of gifted and talented education?
Society and Creativity
- Mary Kay Culpepper: What’s Next for Creativity?
- Irina Mishina: What is Creative Economy?
- Sarah Thurber: How Can Organizations Tap Creativity to Tackle Change?
- Ginny Santos: What is the Role of Emotional Intelligence in Creative Change Leadership?
- Amy Frazier: What are the Natural Relationships between Creativity and Leadership?
- Vicci S. Recckio: Who Are The Millennials and How Will Learning About This Group Benefit Creativity Trainers and Facilitators?
- Robert H. Frantz: Can Creative Problem Solving be Combined with Rhetoric for Improved Persuasion?
- Catherine Tillman: What Activities, Exercises, and Habits Enhance Personal Creativity?
Education & Creativity
- Ted Mallwitz: How Might Creative Problem Solving Combat Bullying?
- Lee Anne White: What is the Role of Creativity in Talent Development?
Weaving Creativity into Every Strand of Your Curriculum excels in presenting...
Research-driven and tested tips and ideas from over 100 teachers and creativity experts around the world for quickly bringing creativity into your classroom
Techniques to help you deliberately weave various creative thinking skills into all of your lessons
Methods that won’t take time away from the subjects themselves
For more creativity suggestions and learning options, check out creativityandeducation.com