Compare Offers on Amazon
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Frequently bought together
- Aspect Ratio : 1.85:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : English
- Parcel Dimensions : 18.03 x 13.76 x 1.48 cm; 81.65 Grams
- Canadian Home Video Rating : Parental Guidance (PG)
- Director : Hironobu Sakaguchi
- Media Format : Subtitled, NTSC
- Run time : 1 hour and 46 minutes
- Release date : Aug. 7 2007
- Dubbed: : French
- Subtitles: : English, Thai, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, French, Korean, Spanish
- Studio : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Producers : Chris Lee, Jun Aida, Akio Sakai
- ASIN : B000R7G9E2
- Country of origin : Canada
Best Sellers Rank:
#29,848 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
- #9,922 in Blu-ray
- Customer Reviews:
The year is 2065 AD. The Earth is infested with alien spirits, and mankind faces total extinction. Led by a strange dream and guided by her mentor, Dr. Sid, scientist Aki Ross struggles to collect eight spirits in the hope of creating a force powerful enough to destroy the alien presence and pure enough to protect the planet. With the aid of the Deep Eyes Squadron, Aki must save the Earth from its darkest hate and unleash the final spirit. FINAL FANTASY is the groundbreaking new CGI film from the creators of the Final Fantasy Video Game Franchise.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Good voice acting, a simple lesson of morality, two heroes with different approach, a millitary officer with bad actions for good reasons and a relative lifestream paradoxe; you've got a final fantasy formula.
The CGI environnement is just great and the characters are well fleshed and you feel for their loss.
Just a masterpiece that should have bring squaresoft to the stars, but with the cost of citizen Kane! :P
By Greg Shchepanek on March 4, 2021
Top reviews from other countries
Highly recommended, and probably not what you would be expecting (that is a good thing.)
I think it is a solid film if a little off. The CGI doesn't hold-up anymore, but it is still fantastic.
The plot is basic and it moves a little too fast sometimes. I don't feel like the film is long enough to invest in any of the characters.
It is great to hear some of this voices though! Familiar but authentic.
A good watch, but not as deep or as awe-inspiring as I had hoped. Still, it is something something.
- Amazing Graphics
- Lots of extra's in the double DVD set
- Sid! (though usually we call him Cid)
- Storyline, if they had chosen the storyline using more of the 5th spirit which they intended then I really think it would have done alot better
- No chocobos, ok I know its a really serious film, but Chocobo's fit in most places
I would buy this if you are hardcore Final Fantasy fan and need everything in your collection - but if your just a general movie obessive - I wouldn't - you will only critise it - its had enough of that
I would like to comment on the b-ray presentation, Picture quality is nigh on suberb unfortunately, I did notice several scenes littered throughout the movie where backgrounds suffered from posterization. Now, I'm not sure if these flaws were present in the original picture or not. Scenes like Aki's ship landing in the opening 3:20, in the council chambers at 21:07 etc. For me that cost the review 1 star.
Sound quality is faultless.