Follow the Authors
Hacking Leadership: 10 Ways Great Leaders Inspire Learning That Teachers, Students, and Parents Love Paperback – June 9 2016
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Enhance your purchase
The best leaders lead from the middle
When great principals join teachers, students, and parents in a collaborative effort to improve teaching and learning, achievement soars and schools turn into vibrant communities, filled with enthusiastic members.
Teaching and learning feel too much like work
With constant emphasis on higher test scores and teacher accountability, it's easy for schools to become places filled with stress and despair, making teachers dread going to work and students disdain lessons and activities.
It's time to bring fun back to school
In Hacking Leadership, award-winning school administrators Joe Sanfelippo and Tony Sinanis demonstrate how to increase learning by leaving the office and engaging directly with all teachers and learners. They identify 10 problems with school leadership and provide dynamic, right-now solutions. During this exciting journey toward change, you learn how to be a better principal and:
- Transform yourself from leader to Lead Learner
- Amplify individual staff needs while maintaining a collaborative vision
- Employ unique strategies to break down the walls between home and school
- Empower students and staff to own their space and make teachers better
- Create a school culture where “Yes” and “Trust” are the default
- Eliminate initiative overload while encouraging teachers to lead, as well
- Broadcast student voice
- Bring passion into your school
- Embrace technology and social channels in ways rarely considered in education
- Eradicate your deficit mindset
What makes Hacking Leadership different?
Sanfelippo and Sinanis present leadership strategies in ways few people have ever seen. These experienced, thoughtful, decisive leaders, share amazing, real anecdotes that make you feel like you're listening to trusted friends sitting in your living room. Then, they provide progressive, courageous, and practical solutions that you and all stakeholders will love, using the popular Hack Learning formula:
- The Problem (a single leadership issue that needs a Hacker's mentality)
- The Hack (a surprisingly easy solution that you've likely never considered)
- What You Can Do Tomorrow (no waiting necessary; you can lead from the middle immediately)
- Blueprint for Full Implementation (a step-by-step action plan for capacity building)
- The Hack in Action (yes, people have actually done this)
Are you ready to Hack Leadership
Scroll up and grab a copy today.
About the Author
Dr. Joe Sanfelippo is the Superintendent of the Fall Creek School District in Fall Creek, WI. Joe holds a BA in Elementary and Early Childhood Education from St. Norbert College, a MS in Educational Psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a MS in Educational Leadership, and a PhD in Leadership, Learning, and Service from Cardinal Stritch University. Joe is also an adjunct professor in the Educational Leadership Department at Viterbo University. Joe has taught Kindergarten, 2nd Grade, and 5th Grade. He was also a school counselor and coach prior to taking on an elementary principalship in 2005. He has been the Superintendent in Fall Creek since 2011. Joe co-hosts the Successful Schools Podcast, and co-authored The Power of Branding-Telling Your School’s Story and Principal Professional Development: Leading Learning in a Digital Age. He was selected as one of 117 Future Ready Superintendents in 2014 by the US Department of Education and attended a summit at the White House. Joe has been a featured speaker in multiple states in the areas of Advancing the Use of Social Media in School Districts, Creating a Culture of Yes, Professional Growth for Staff, and Organizational and Systems Change. Go Crickets!
- Publisher : Times 10 Publications (June 9 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 160 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0986104949
- ISBN-13 : 978-0986104947
- Item weight : 227 g
- Dimensions : 15.24 x 0.94 x 22.86 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #163,449 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: