Follow the Authors
Hacking Leadership: 10 Ways Great Leaders Inspire Learning That Teachers, Students, and Parents Love Hardcover – March 27 2017
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
The best leaders lead from the middle
When school leaders join teachers, students, and parents in a collaborative effort to improve teaching and learning, achievement soars and schools turn into vibrant communities, filled with enthusiastic members.
Teaching and learning feel too much like work
With constant emphasis on higher test scores and teacher accountability, it's easy for schools to become places filled with stress and despair, making teachers dread going to work and students disdain lessons and activities.
It's time to bring fun back to school
In Hacking Leadership, award-winning school administrators Joe Sanfelippo and Tony Sinanis demonstrate how to increase learning by leaving the office and engaging directly with all teachers and learners. They identify 10 problems with school leadership and provide dynamic, right-now solutions. During this exciting journey toward change, you learn how to:
- Transform yourself from leader to Lead Learner
- Amplify individual staff needs while maintaining a collaborative vision
- Employ unique strategies to break down the walls between home and school
- Empower students and staff to own their space
- Create a culture where "Yes" and "Trust" are the default
- Eliminate initiative overload while encouraging teachers to lead, as well
- Broadcast student voice
- Bring passion into your school
- Embrace technology and social channels in ways rarely considered in education
- Eradicate your deficit mindset
What makes Hacking Leadership different?
Sanfelippo and Sinanis present leadership strategies in ways few people have ever seen. These experienced, thoughtful, decisive leaders, share amazing, real anecdotes that make you feel like you're listening to trusted friends sitting in your living room. Then, they provide progressive, courageous, and practical solutions that you and all stakeholders will love, using the popular Hack Learning formula:
- The Problem (a single leadership issue that needs a Hacker's mentality)
- The Hack (a surprisingly easy solution that you've likely never considered)
- What You Can Do Tomorrow (no waiting necessary; you can lead from the middle immediately)
- Blueprint for Full Implementation (a step-by-step action plan for capacity building)
- The Hack in Action (yes, people have actually done this)
Are you ready to Hack Leadership
Grab your copy today.
"Many conversations that I hear from administrators focus on how to deal with educators, yet often don't focus on reflecting what they can do different. The authors do a beautiful job of helping leaders focus inward, instead of outward. This book by Joe and Tony, grounded in the importance of empowered relationships with the entire school community, provides some amazing ideas on how to develop learner-centred schools (learners meaning students and educators) in ways that could be implemented immediately. This is an essential read for leaders who are, or want to lead, learner-centred schools."
- George Couros Author of "The Innovator's Mindset", and Innovative Leadership and Learning Consultant
"As the Director of Innovation for Future Ready Schools, I've had the opportunity to work closely with over 3,000 school administrators and over 500 school districts over the past year. Across the United States, I've witnessed firsthand how school leaders are searching tirelessly to find innovative ways to create schools that better work for kids. Grounded in research and evident in today's most successful schools, school leadership and culture lay the groundwork for systemic transformation. In Hacking Leadership, Sanfelippo and Sinanis, two highly successful practitioners, provide a blueprint for school leaders to build strong relationships, shift mindsets, and create dynamic school cultures with opportunities for all. Unlike many education books written today, Hacking Leadership, provides concrete steps to remove traditional roadblocks and shift the mindset of naysayers, both short and long term. If you're a school leader working to create a future ready school, you will find this book to be one of your best resources in your journey moving forward."
- Thomas C. Murray, Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools, Alliance for Excellent Education, Washington, DC
- Publisher : Times 10 Publications (March 27 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 160 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0998570524
- ISBN-13 : 978-0998570525
- Item weight : 386 g
- Dimensions : 15.24 x 1.12 x 22.86 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #437,490 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: