Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
It's OK to be Different: A Children's Picture Book About Diversity and Kindness Paperback – Picture Book, Sept. 19 2019
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
"It's OK to Be Different, celebrates children who have the courage to be themselves, and to accept others as they are. Young readers with an eye for exceptional artwork and clever wordplay will enjoy it over and over again." ★★★★★ Readers' Favorite
"Parents seeking read-alouds that educate kids about diversity and acceptance will find It's OK to be Different the perfect lesson of choice." D. Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Reviews
"It's OK to be Different has a great message and one that is especially important in a modern world that is connected globally like never before. The book is easy and fun to read. It has delightful illustrations to capture the eyes and minds of its audience." ★★★★★ Literary Titan Gold Award Winning Book.
"A wonderfully colourful junior picture book that teaches children that life is full of beautifully different people. I love the continuous rhyming as it teaches early literacy." Vicki Bruce, Lionart Publishing
About the Author
- Publisher : Dunhill Clare Publishing; Illustrated edition (Sept. 19 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 28 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0973410450
- ISBN-13 : 978-0973410457
- Item weight : 91 g
- Dimensions : 21.59 x 0.18 x 21.59 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #667 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's OK to be Different reminds us that we are each unique in our own special way. Whether it's the way we look, act or sound to the different interests we may have.
I would highly recommend this book !
Love the illustrations as much as the message
By Samantha A on September 12, 2020
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 28, 2020
+ + It does a good job in simplifying the message; using simple logic with preferences in colours and food and then building to include skin colour and physical handicaps.
- I felt that the book was too short and could have done with more examples, specifically more skin tones and cultural identities, so that we could talk about those more using the book. Even just a single page with different faces and cultural identities would lead to a lot of positive chat!
- Children this age understand and relate to some emotions. This book has none.
- - The art work is not good and he was not at all engaged with what he was seeing. For a young children's book, I feel that was the biggest demerit. He is simply not interested in reading the book again voluntarily.
- Since when is a broken leg in a cast 'diversity'? I found that example to be completely off the mark. Colour, handicaps, cultural backgrounds are aspects of identity and self-identity. Considering the lack of other examples in this book, I was a bit annoyed.
In short, I do not recommend unless you are really stretching for materials and spending some cash now seems like a good idea until you can find something better. 2 stars for being a small springboard into a difficult subject.