Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
The Last Thing He Told Me: A Novel Paperback – Deckle Edge, May 4 2021
|New from||Used from|
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
About the Author
- Publisher : Simon & Schuster; Canadian Export edition (May 4 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1982180528
- ISBN-13 : 978-1982180522
- Item weight : 352 g
- Dimensions : 15.56 x 2.54 x 22.86 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #127 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
The only pleasure I got out of this book is the cathartic experience I'm having writing this review and arriving at the sound decision of never buying a Reese Witherspoon book club pick again. And if she produces or stars in the film or series version, I'll never forgive her or watch Walk the Line again for like the 12th time.
1. The lack of suspense- even though the story has promise, it’s not really exciting. There’s no antagonist chasing Hannah (main character) trying to cover the truth or any meaningful confrontation
2. It didn’t seem believable- it just so happens that the main character (a wood turner) is also a mock detective with killer instincts, ALL of which work out in this book. Not one wrong turn. Recalling and deciphering a memory from months and sometimes years ago. It all happened far too easily to seem plausible, and there was no real chase. Hannah discovers everything within two days (the majority of the book taking place in 3-4 days)😕
3. The flat ‘climax’ in which we find out what happened to Hannah’s husband and his ‘sordid’ history- This was so uncreative and not really all that interesting. When I read this ‘plot twist’ I thought ‘is that it? That’s all??’
It is an easy read and it was intriguing but I kind of finished it going ‘meh’. I would never recommend this to a friend saying ‘oh my gosh this book is so amazing, you should definitely read it’.