Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Lynn Cowell
Lynn Cowell is a national conference speaker who passionately empowers women of all ages to understand the importance of Christ confidence. She is the author of several books including Esther: Seeing Our Invisible God in an Uncertain World for women, and Loved & Cherished: 100 Devotions just for girls ages 8 – 12. She also serves on the speaking and writing team for Proverbs 31 Ministries.
Lynn’s messages equip women to:
* Find their confidence and identity in God’s unfailing love, rather than in their own abilities.
* Recover from defeating decisions to move forward toward a strong self-worth.
* Identify and address the fears that keep them stuck, with practical steps to walk in their calling with confidence.
Lynn and her husband, Greg, have been married for over 35 years and are the parents of three young adults and their spouses. They enjoy spending time together, especially when it combines the mountains, well-worn sweatshirts, and anything with chocolate and peanut butter. Lynn and Greg and the occasional backyard deer, live in North Carolina.
Connect with Lynn today at www.LynnCowell.com and on Instagram or Facebook.
For more on having Lynn come and speak to your event – large, small, or intimate gathering – learn more at https://lynncowell.com/speaking/.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Lynn Cowell
What do you do when God seems to have vanished?
When you have a decision to make, when your stability is shaken, when your sure-fire plan fails—when everything is spinning out of control…
Esther is the perfect partner for seeing our invisible God in uncertainty. Though she lived centuries ago, Esther speaks to us when we run into limited control and resources. We find in her a strength and fortitude you and I need today. A strength we discover as we follow her process of listen, feel, do, and speak. We’ll see that Esther carved a pathway, not only with faith but with influence, for all women who find themselves walking through uncertainty.
This six-week, in-depth study of the book of Esther is a gritty dive into a woman’s story that teaches us to:
- Listen to wise people who fill our gaps of understanding
- Embrace your feelings as a catalyst for God-directed action.
- Do the work God assigns you even when in doubt.
- Speak up with confidence, knowing that God has a place for your voice in His story.
This study guide includes biblical and historical background insights, Bible study, practical application, and questions for reflection.
InScribed is a collection of studies that lead women to not just survive but thrive by encouraging them to immerse themselves in the Word of God.
How to Live in Bold Confidence
Have you ever needed confidence in a specific circumstance and couldn’t think of an example of anyone who had “been there, overcome that”?
Author and speaker Lynn Cowell took every form of insecurity we experience as women and asked God to reveal how we should respond. The result is this in-depth, six-week Bible study spanning obscure and recognizable women in Scripture who demonstrate unshakable confidence no matter their circumstances.
This six-week study will help you to:
- Stand with resolve when your confidence faces adversity—Women of Exodus
- Step out in your own defense when your confidence is challenged— The Daughters of Z
- Remain faithful when your confidence in God is elusive—Rahab
- Focus on what is true when your confidence in relationships is questioned— Abigail & Michal
- Trust when your confidence is in doubt—Martha & Mary
Includes biblical and historical background insights, practical application, and a memory verse for each chapter. This study may be completed individually or with a small group.
100 courage-building moments to help girls 8-12 explore who they are, easing their fears and anxiety, while inspiring them to strive towards the woman they want to be through this exciting yet confusing season of change.
From Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker and blogger, Lynn Cowell, comes Faithgirlz’ Brave Beauty: Finding the Fearless You. These 100 motivating moments guide tween girls to reflect on Scripture and find confidence in God, rather than in someone, some place, or some thing, as pop culture is already telling them.
Throughout these pages—formatted as theme-based mini chapters that can be read once a day, once a week, or at the reader’s own pace—Lynn prepares tween girls to:
- Overcome confidence-defeating thoughts and stand on who Jesus says she is.
- Build a strong foundation to face the fickle, sometimes hurtful opinions of others.
- Find approval of herself even when she lacks the acceptance of others.
- Walk confidently through the exciting, yet scary world of growing up by turning to Christ step by step.
Featuring a gorgeous, foil decorated hardcover and beautifully formatted pages modeled after the well-known and loved Faithgirlz brand of books, Lynn’s relatable, conversational tone makes it easy for girls to feel like they’re in a safe place spending time with a close friend.
What does she have that I haven’t got?
Why doesn’t he ask me out?
What makes her popular? Why not me?
Maybe it’s time to change the questions you’re asking. Maybe it’s time to ask instead: What does it take to become magnetic?
Packed with revealing quizzes, interviews with guys, and practical tools, Magnetic empowers you to:
· Move beyond negative thoughts, capricious emotions, and others’ opinions as you gain unshakeable confidence.
· Limit the draining affect of “girl drama” so you can invest your time in becoming the best you.
· Replace the agonizing frustration of wanting to be noticed and liked with a deep assurance that you already are.
As you live out nine amazing characteristics—known as the fruit of the Spirit—you will not only cultivate an inner and outer beauty, but you will also hold an irresistible appeal for godly guys. Shift your focus from a guy to the Guy and become the magnetic young woman God created you to be.
In this six-session Bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately), author and Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker Lynn Cowell explores how confidence-in-question keeps us from boldly experiencing what God intends for our lives. Dive into six stories in the Bible of not-so-well-known women who found themselves needing confidence to make their move, and how they uncovered the faith to get it. Lynn encourages women to leave behind all the unnecessary insecurity this world induces and find confidence in God alone.
Learn from the Daughters of Zelophehad, the Women of Exodus, Martha & Mary, Rahab, Deborah, Abigail and Michal how to:
- Intentionally build your confidence on the one thing that cannot be taken from you.
- Recover from defeating decisions to move forward toward a strong self-worth.
- Position yourself to not lose your poise—even in the worst circumstances.
- Identify and address the fears that keep you stuck, with practical steps to walk in your calling with confidence.
This study is for any woman who’s ready to dig into God’s Word to find confidence and boldness to do great things. This book includes personal Bible study as well as group discussion questions. The study can be completed by individuals as well as in groups.
Designed for use with the companion Make Your Move Video Study (sold separately).