|Warranty Description||One Limited Year Warrenty from original purchase date|
|Included components||Window Bracket|
Add to your order
from Asurion Consumer Solutions of Canada Corp $32.99
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process. If we can't fix it, we will send you a reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Midea 6,000 BTU EasyCool Window Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier and Fan - Cool, Circulate and Dehumidify up to 250 Sq. Ft., Reusable Filter, Remote Control
Enhance your purchase
|Cooling power||6000 British Thermal Units|
|Special feature||Remote control|
|Energy star||5 Star|
|Seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER)||30.0|
|Product Dimensions||58.4D x 91.4W x 35.6H centimeters|
|Noise level||55 dB|
|Number of speeds||3|
About this item
- 3 IN 1 COMFORT - The Midea EasyCool Window Air Conditioner unit has three modes to help your house, apartment, office, or room be as comfortable as possible. It can cool a space up to 250 sq. ft. quickly, circulate air with its 3-speed fan, or reduce humidity utilizing the dehumidifier mode.Controller type:Remote Control.Air Flow efficiency:168.82 CFM
- ENERGY EFFICIENT - The EasyCool window air conditioner is Energy Star certified to help save you money throughout the year. There are also multiple custom settings to help you be even more energy-efficient like Eco mode and an EasyTimer feature to program a schedule that fits your needs.
- QUIET & EASY TO USE - This window AC unit is quieter than a household refrigerator. The intuitive LED display and remote control (batteries included) allow easy setting of time, temperature, and mode from across the room. The removable and reusable air filter protects your family and living space from dust and pet hairs.
- EASY INSTALLATION - Install easily in your home or apartment's existing window frame (23"-36"x14"). All mounting accessories are included. A screwdriver is required (but not included) for installation. For some window frames, pilot holes are recommended before installing screws. Installation instructions are simple and setting it up is a breeze.
- WORLDWIDE LEADER - Midea is the air treatment brand with a motto to help make customers feel at home with each of their products. As a testament to our dedication to quality and our customers, we offer one-year parts and labor warranty on this product.
Customer ratings by feature
There is a newer model of this item:
Buy it with
From the manufacturer
|MIDEA 5000 BTU Window AC||MIDEA 6000 BTU Window AC||MIDEA 8000 BTU Window AC||MIDEA 10000 BTU Window AC||MIDEA 12000 BTU Window AC|
|Cooling Area||100-150 Sq.ft||150-250 Sq.ft||300-350 Sq.ft||400-450 Sq.ft||450-550 Sq.ft|
|Setting temperature range||62-86℉||62-86℉||62-86℉||62-86℉||62-86℉|
|Unit Dimension(W*D*H)||15.98" x 13.19" x 12.05"||18.54"x16.02"x13.39"||18.54"x16.02"x13.39"||18.98"x21.89"x14.65"||18.98"x21.89"x14.65"|
|Applicable Window Accessory Width||23-36"||23-36"||23-36"||23-36"||23-36"|
|Applicable Window Accessory Height||13"||14"||14"||15.5"||15.5"|
|Timer||24 hour timer||24 hour timer||24 hour timer||24 hour timer|
Keep your home cool and relaxing with Midea’s 6,000 BTU EasyCool Window Air Conditioner, designed to cool spaces up to 250 sq. ft. in size with Energy Star efficiency. This unit comes with an intuitive LCD remote and flexible cooling options like the EcoSave and SleepWell modes. With the built-in EasyTimer, you can program your temperature preferences for up to 24 hours according to your schedule. The Clean Filter warning will always let you know when your washable filter needs maintenance, and with expandable panels to match several window types and sizes, set up and stowing are a piece of cake. With a 1-year warranty, this unit is backed by the leading Room Air Conditioner manufacturer for the US and the world. ⊙Wide Reach Cooling - Quietly cools spaces up to 550 sq. ft. in size. ⊙Auto Restart - In the event of power loss, AC automatically restarts with the latest temperature settings. ⊙Automatic Temperature Control - remote control lets you program your unit and access unique modes like EcoSave and SleepWell. ⊙Washable Filter - The removable and reusable air filter will protect your family and living space from dust and pet hairs. ⊙Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty.
Risk of fire or explosion due to flammable refrigerant used.Follow handling instruction carefully in compliance with U.S. Government regulations.Cancer and Reproductive Harm-www.P65Warnings.ca,gov
Reviewed in Canada on August 6, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By rJ9bn on August 5, 2022
My bedroom is fairly big (at least 40'x14') and is not well sealed at all, but it cools down easily and quickly. I keep it on the eco friendly mode to save on hydro. The bill has been less than it was last year with all the fans I had to have running (which didn't even really work). I keep the temperature at 67° for my axolotls, which are the reason I got this in the first place (anyone considering it for the same reason, do it! It's cheaper than a chiller).
My window is a double pane horizontal sliding window. I had to red-green a solution with tuck tape, a plywood board, a shelf, and some lumber scraps, but hey it doesn't have to be beautiful- just has to work (and it's a trailer, who cares). To anyone with a similar set up considering it, I use the shelf to hold the butt end outside the house (scraps of wood to fine tune the height) just in case, but mostly rely on the edge of the windows/frame catching against the side of the unit to keep it in place. Then I rested a plywood board on top and tuck taped all around it to seal it off. Works like a charm!
Note: it is quite loud, however it's a constant hum and definitely quieter than a box fan. Doesn't bother me, it's like white noise. See video.
To sum up: just do it. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Be comfortable for once during the summer heat at home.
Another note: any bad reviews on this are likely either setting up wrong or trying to use in too big of a space. People aren't the brightest and somehow the dumbest often have the loudest voice online it seems. It's worth trying this since the manufacturer offers a 5 year warranty anyway.
Top reviews from other countries
The product is detective. it always automatically shuts down after operating for sometime, and can not be re-started. This happens everytime when I tried to use it. You can image how desperate I am in a summer day, after spending two hours installing it, waiting to enjoy the cool breeze, but end up in having to take it out and call customer service for two long hours in the hot room in order to fix the problem.
The customer service from MIDEA is also very bad. They insisted to ask for SN number to help me, which is on the back of the machine and I can not read because the machine is already installed. Then, they refuse to help me. This is a very bad design. If customer needs SN for service, why not put SN somewhere convenient for customer?
This unit does NOT cool down to what it says. It is in a small bedroom, with the door closed, and it stops before the lowest temperature is reached.
I have tried to work with Midea for a week now. They want a receipt, fine, then they want the shipping price = none because of Prime. Then, how much tax, which the photo I sent shows. Ser #, which I have given them several times, but now they want off of box, okay sent that, now off the unit, which we can't see now that it is in the window.
The noise level is getting worse every night, which is the only time my husband uses it.
I am getting fed up with their refusal to rectify this unit. Their customer service sucks.
I do NOT RECOMMEND THIS AC from this company.
Never heard of Midea before, and now I know why.
On the low fan and the coolest setting, the 5,000 BTU unit will freeze a 150-200 sq. ft. bedroom. The lowest fan setting is not too loud for sleeping, but I personally need white noise or the sound of a fan to sleep. It may bother people who need a quiet sleeping environment.
The cost is very competitive in the market. I am comparing this to a similar Frigidaire unit. I am much more pleased with the Media. The competing unit did not keeps its Freon charge, and was much louder and less energy efficient.
The Media A/C arrived earlier than expected, even during the delayed shipping times during the pandemic.
It did not come with a remote control, but that is not an issue for me. The extension cord is ~5 feet, so it should reach most 3-prong outlets.
Very simple assembly, no directions needed for the handy person. You WILL need a Phillips head screwdriver. Be careful not to over tighten the window brace when installing it, otherwise you will strip the threads in the A/C unit.