Compare Offers on Amazon
Super Mario Odyssey - Standard Edition
- Explore huge 3D kingdoms filled with secrets and surprises, including costumes for Mario and lots of ways to interact with the diverse environments - such as cruising around them in vehicles that incorporate the HD Rumble feature of the Joy-Con controller or exploring sections as Pixel Mario.
- Thanks to his new friend, Cappy, Mario has brand-new moves for you to master, like cap throw, cap jump and capture. With capture, Mario can take control of all sorts of things, including objects and enemies!
- Visit astonishing new locales, like skyscraper-packed New Donk City, and run into familiar friends and foes as you try to save Princess Peach from Bowser's clutches and foil his dastardly wedding plans.
- A set of three new amiibo figures* - Mario, Princess Peach and Bowser in their wedding outfits - will be released at launch. Some previously released amiibo will also be compatible with this title. Tap supported amiibo to receive gameplay assistance - some amiibo will also unlock costumes for Mario when scanned!
Product detailsPlatform for display:Nintendo Switch | Edition:Standard
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Parcel Dimensions : 16.9 x 10.5 x 1.2 cm; 49.9 Grams
- Release date : Oct. 27 2017
- ASIN : B072V8MMX7
- Item model number : HCCPAAACA
- Country of origin : Japan
- Customer Reviews:
This sandbox-style 3D Mario adventure—the first since 1996's beloved Super Mario 64 and 2002's Nintendo GameCube classic Super Mario Sunshine—is packed with secrets and surprises, plus exciting new kingdoms to explore. Thanks to Cappy, Mario now can control certain objects, enemies, and more. With just a flick of the wrist, you can toss the hat-shaped hero at them to take over! Besides the cool new Cappy abilities, Mario also has his classic medley of moves, like jump, wall jump, triple jump, ground pound, and backwards somersault. Bowser has kidnapped Princess Peach and this unlikely pair of heroes must work together to stop his fiendish plans! Play Modes Supported: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode.
From the manufacturer
This sandbox-style 3D Mario adventure—the first since 1996's beloved Super Mario 64 and 2002's Nintendo GameCube classic Super Mario Sunshine—is packed with secrets and surprises, plus exciting new kingdoms to explore.
Join Mario and his new ally Cappy on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure.
Thanks to heroic, hat-shaped Cappy, Mario's got new moves that'll make you rethink his traditional run-and-jump gameplay—like cap jump, cap throw, and capture. Use captured cohorts such as enemies, objects, and animals to progress through the game and uncover loads of hidden collectibles. And if you feel like playing with a friend, just pass them a Joy-Con controller! Player 1 controls Mario while Player 2 controls Cappy.
Find something interesting? Toss your cap at it and see what happens! There are lots of fun and surprising ways to interact with your surroundings.
Be sure to bring any coins you find to a Crazy Cap store, where you can exchange them for decorative souvenirs for the Odyssey and outfits for Mario!
Use Snapshot Mode to freeze time while playing the game and take screenshots that you can customize using various options and filters.
Explore astonishing new locales like skyscraper-packed New Donk City to your heart's content!
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Encourages exploration of the worlds.
Fun and creative uses of "cappy".
It's a bit on the easy side. You cannot really lose in the game. You receive pretty much infinite lives because when you die as Mario you only lose a small amount of coins which are easily collectible in the game.
This game is SO much fun. The main quest line took me a couple weeks of regular playing to get through, but there's still SO much for me to see and do. I love how big some of the worlds are and how I keep finding random new areas with Power Moons and purple coins that I previously missed.
Anyway, buy this game.
Get this game. It’s kind of insane that Nintendo put so much into this game. It’s totally worth it.
If Nintendo ever re-releases the Super Mario 3d all stars 35th anniversary collection for the Nintendo Switch I will buy it.
I am happy with my purchase.