Compare Offers on Amazon
Meta Quest 2 — Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset — 128 GB
Enhance your purchase
- Keep your experience smooth and seamless, even as high speed action unfolds around you with a super-fast processor and high-resolution display. (Packaging may vary) Meta Quest packaging will continue to carry the Oculus name and logo during the transition to our new branding.
- Experience total immersion with 3D positional audio, hand tracking and haptic feedback, working together to make virtual worlds feel real.
- Explore an expanding universe of over 250 titles across gaming, fitness, social/multiplayer and entertainment, including exclusive blockbuster releases and totally unique VR experiences.
- Travel universes in blockbuster fantasies, scare yourself witless in horror adventures or collaborate with colleagues in innovative workspaces.
- Come together in incredible social spaces and multiplayer arenas as you take in live events with friends and family, find your new workout crew or join quests with fellow adventurers.
- Be truly free to roam in VR With a wireless headset, intuitive controls, a built-in battery, easy setup and no PC or console needed*
- Play without worries as an easy-to-use Guardian boundary lets you set your designated play space and alerts you if you move outside it.
- Take VR your lightweight and portable Quest 2 wherever you go in the real world.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Language : English
- Parcel Dimensions : 41.79 x 19.5 x 12.7 cm; 830.07 Grams
- Release date : Aug. 22 2021
- Manufacturer : Facebook Technologies, LLC.
- Place of Business : Menlo Park, CA 94025, US
- ASIN : B09B2YFYYX
- Item model number : 899-00188-02
- Country of origin : China
- Customer Reviews:
Step inside new realities with Meta Quest 2, our most advanced VR system yet. Explore new dimensions of gaming, social and entertainment, or revolutionize your fitness regime. With no wires, no limits and no PC or console required, you’ll be ready to go within minutes by setting up using the Meta Quest smartphone app, your Facebook account and a wireless internet connection. An incredible multi-sensory experience immerses you in cinematic, 3D positional audio through built-in speakers, while mind-blowing high resolution graphics mean you see every detail of every virtual world, even when you’re moving at speed. An integrated 10,000mAh battery giving up to three hours’ gameplay or ten hours of entertainment combined with a comfort-driven design lets you explore deeper and further for longer, every time you step into VR. Choose between 128BG and 256GB options to meet the realities of your budget and your VR memory needs. Intuitive Touch controllers transport your movements directly into VR. Explore over 1,000 titles by connecting your VR headset to a gaming-compatible computer with an Meta Quest Link cable (PC and cable sold separately). Share the experience with virtual social spaces, multi-player gaming and virtual stadiums. Let others watch your performance by casting your VR experience to compatible TVs and other screens. There’s no end to what you can play, create and discover with Meta Quest 2. Meta Quest packaging will continue to carry the Oculus name and logo during the transition to our new branding.
From the manufacturer
Reviewed in Canada on June 13, 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For a standalone VR headset (with ability to connect to a gaming PC for PCVR), it does a fantastic job at bringing you this experience. However, the requirement for Facebook is a sour note to using it as it is tied to your real life social media account. You can make a alias for it though so other gamers don't see your real name.. but still, the writing is on the wall that this is for personal data collection while you use it. Take that for what it's worth, as the low cost is clearly subsidized from Facebook's personal data collection as the unit is sold at a loss otherwise.
-Small and portable.
-VR capability is great. It's not powerful to provide realistic graphics, but the games are really effective at giving you a sense of scale and being in the VR world. Framerates are fast and colors are vivid. It works great.
-Low cost compared to everything else on the market (which requires a PC - which this doesn't).
-Ability to cast gameplay to a chromecast type device for others to see.
-Install sizes are small (most),
- Facebook required.
- The strap is uncomfortable and doesn't do a good job of keeping the weight off your face. It's essentially a fabric belt, so you'll want to invest in a better headband for more support.
- Battery capacity gives you about 2+ hours playtime so it's quite low. If you supplement with an external battery, the Quest will run off of that before it goes to it's own battery, so you'll want to invest in a battery pack for more playtime.
- Lenses have a small focal "sweet spot" and this coupled with the troublesome headstrap means that you will frequently adjust the headset to reduce fatigue to your eyes.
- Resolution varies in standalone games as the headset may need to lower resolution to allow for appropriate processing power - depending on the app. While the headset is "almost 2K per eye", there will still be some blur, and in some games, you will notice a fair amount if the game drops the resolution as needed. This is not a frequent issue, but I am mentioning it just in case some owners wonder why game X is clearer than game Y. Having said this, a number of titles have been patched for the higher processing power of the Quest 2's headset and do have increased resolution over the original Quest 1.
- The Oculus game store does not have big-discount sales like Steam or Playstation for their VR headsets. There is a daily deal and sometimes weekly deals with a couple of games in them, but the discounts range from about 9% to 30%. Overall, games on Quest 2 will cost you more to purchase as most will stay at full price.
In conclusion .. don't look at the small list of Pros as a negative as what it does, it does great and is well worth the cost. Just know that the cons show that it does have limitations so don't expect the moon, and the basic headset will likely need a better headband and external battery to get the best enjoyment out of it. It's a 5 star headset absolutely - but Facebook's requirement is something to understand, as if your account is ever banned on Facebook... you will lose all your purchases and the headset will become useless.
Reviewed in Canada on June 13, 2021
This is what I get for buying the first run of new hardware before they work out the faults. Don't buy this cable. Quest 2 is still good on it's own(for low level games/apps), but if you're wanting something for PCVR I'd highly recommend a different headset. They might be pricier, but well worth it to avoid this headache.
It is much better than the standard strap that comes with the headset but at it's price point isn't that great. Yes, it does improve comfort, the strap tightening mechanism feels really cheap and it has no built in headphones (Something the Quest-2 desperately needs). Since getting this, I bought a Vive Deluxe Audio Strap and used 3D printed parts to attach it to my Quest-2 (Now called a FrankenQuest2), this is a amazing solution, yes, more expensive but you get what you pay for, this is very comfortable and the the built in headphones sound great. Personally, I'd skip the Oculus Elite strap and put that money towards a Vive Deluxe Audio Strap and make your own FrankenQuest2. :)
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Japan on November 15, 2020
Mais tres fragile
J'ai pris le casque ce matin. J ai serrer la sangle comme d'habitude. Et la elle casse
Je contacte Amazon, et on me repond que ce n'est pas pris en charge par la garanti.
Or, cela fait moins d un mois que j ai la sangle , ILS SONT DANS L OBLIGATION DE LA CHANGER
ET IL NE VEULENT PAS .
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 28, 2020
2) It's USB C both ends. I believe most people will need to purchase a converter to use on a standard USB A socket. It wouldn't hurt to include one (especially considering the price point)