Compare Offers on Amazon
PLANET 51 / Planète 51 (Bilingual) [DVD]
|You Save:||$4.99 (33%)|
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
- Aspect Ratio : 2.35:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : English
- Parcel Dimensions : 19.2 x 13.6 x 1.6 cm; 68.04 Grams
- Canadian Home Video Rating : General Audience (G)
- Director : Jorge Blanco
- Media Format : NTSC, Subtitled
- Run time : 1 hour and 37 minutes
- Release date : June 10 2014
- Actors : Voice Talents, Dwayne, James Corden, Jessica Biel, Justin Long
- Dubbed: : French
- Subtitles: : French
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French Canadian (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Studio : Universal Studios Home Entertainment
- Producers : Ignacio Perez Dolset;Guy Collins
- ASIN : B00JEI2OLW
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #15,331 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
- Customer Reviews:
American astronaut Charles "Chuck" Baker lands on Planet 51 thinking he's the first person to step foot on it. To his surprise, he finds that this planet is inhabited by little green people who are happily living in a white picket fence world reminiscent of a cheerfully 1950s America, and whose only fear is that it will be overrun by alien invaders... like Chuck!
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Then, inevitably, the unexpected happens; an alien/human explorer lands gently in a perfectly manacured 50s front lawn of small town Rockville....
This is when a perfectly well meaning set up and idea falls apart and all manner of daftness takes over and the fun is lost. (Unless you're 4-8 years old).
Its all a parady on 50s-90s SiFi movies but with the foot in the other shoe. Or whatever.
With some big names in movie and TV as the voices it would seem to attract a universal audience. I had high expectations. But it fell short.
Nice animation. Great designs. Super mad. But lacks original substance except the overarching backdrop of us as the alien visitor.
They even speak English on the alien home world. Which is actually well pointed out as a big non-surprise story point.
2 stars for good animation.
I think it might be better for a younger audience but if you're an adult who enjoys animations then this probably isn't for you.