- Celebrate Small Business Month with Amazon Business : Register now to take advantage of $25 off your first eligible Amazon Business purchase. Claim your offer
Compare Offers on Amazon
PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Indoor/Outdoor Dog Potty, Alternative to Puppy Pads, Large
|You Save:||$10.04 (5%)|
Enhance your purchase
|Size||L (Pack of 1)|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||12.7 x 83.8 x 83.8 centimeters|
About this item
- PORTABLE: Convenient pet potty that is perfect for house-training, traveling and apartments or homes without private yards
- NO WET PAWS: Porous synthetic grass mat quickly drains urine away from the surface helping to prevent wet paws and messes; 4 clips help hold the turf in place
- IMMEDIATE ODOUR CONTROL: Wee Sponge powder absorbs urine on contact and turns it into gel to trap odours. Average use will require replacement grass every 6-12 months
- EASY-TO-CLEAN: Easy to set up Pee-Pod tray lines the waste bin and works with Wee Sponge to ensure an easy and mess-free cleanup. Never put your Pet Loo in a washer or dryer or use chemical cleaners on the grass
- REINFORCED BASE: Designed to easily support your pet’s weight; measures 84cm x 84cm
- BREED TYPE: Best for large dog breeds like Labradors, Boxers and Golden Retrievers
- PRODUCT SUPPORT: PetSafe brand's US-based Customer Care experts will be glad to help; call Monday through Saturday at 1-800-845-3274
- EXPERIENCE: PetSafe brand has been an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behaviour, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Product detailsSize :L (Pack of 1)
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 12.7 x 83.82 x 83.82 cm; 6.46 Kilograms
- Date First Available : Aug. 23 2011
- Manufacturer : Waste Management
- Place of Business : KNOXVILLE, TN, 37832 US
- ASIN : B002DCWA4C
- Item model number : PWM00-14499
- Country of origin : China
- Customer Reviews:
The PetSafe Pet Loo is a portable indoor/outdoor potty for dogs that resembles a patch of grass. Ideal for potty training, apartments and occasions when you can't let your pet out; the PetSafe Pet Loo is a convenient alternative to pee pads and midnight bathroom breaks. The synthetic grass is porous and allows urine to quickly drain through onto the slightly angled base and into the waste bin. The waste bin collects the urine and is removable for quick and easy cleanup. To make cleanup even easier, line the waste bin with a Pee-Pod tray and add the revolutionary Wee Sponge powder. The Wee Sponge absorbs odours and urine on contact and turns it into a gel, preventing any messes from spillage.
From the manufacturer
PetSafe Pet Loo Dog Potty
A simple indoor pet potty solution!
The Pet Loo is a portable indoor/outdoor potty for dogs and other pets that resembles a patch of grass. Ideal for apartments or homes with no yards, traveling with your pet, or occasions when you just can’t get home to let the dog out, the Pet Loo is a convenient alternative to pee pads and midnight bathroom breaks. With the Pet Loo, your pet gets the backyard they need without the space or inconvenience.
A Company You Can Trust
- Global brand in pet products for nearly 30 years
- U.S.-based experts available
- We help pets and their people live happily together!
How to Use and Clean
Pee Pod & Wee Sponge
The disposable Pee Pod fits into the slide-out waste collection bin in the base. Add the Wee Sponge powder before your pet uses the Pet Loo.
Train Your Pet to Use
Dogs are easily trained to the Pet Loo because it feels like real grass! Put your pet on the Pet Loo at a time they normally have to use the bathroom. After your pet uses the Pet Loo, reward them with a treat and plenty of praise!
The unique Pee-Pod lines the collection bin and together with the revolutionary technology of Wee Sponge powder, immediately absorbs and solidifies your pet’s urine for a hassle-free and odor-free disposal. Simply scoop solid waste like in a normal back yard.
Remove the grass mat daily and flush out with warm water. Weekly, remove the grass mat and wash down the entire unit with a hose and allow to dry. Spray the Pet Loo and grass with Wee Care enzyme cleaner 2-3 times per week.
|Small Pet Loo||Medium Pet Loo||Large Pet Loo|
|Dimensions||53cm x 45cm||63cm x 63cm||83cm x 83cm|
|Example Breeds||Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier, Shih Tzu, Pug, Pomeranian, Cats and other Small Animals||Beagle, Australian Shepherd, Cocker Spaniel, Bulldog, Corgi||Golden Retriever, Labrador, German Shepherd, Husky, Boxer|
Must be at least 18 yrs.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I got this as an alternate solution. Living in a high rise apartment, I like having this on the balcony so my puppy can go in and out whenever he needs to do his business.
1. If you have a routine for cleaning this, it is the least smelly option out there! Every night, I use a watering can and pour a vinegar and water solution over top of this. This means that I can go about 3 weeks without needing to THOROUGHLY wash it, and it cleans the plastic underneath it as well as the tray which means there is no smell coming from this thing.
2. The urine tray is a disaster when used on its own, BUT there's a quick, easy and cheap solution for this - newspaper litter pellets. I buy a small bag a month for 4$ and I pour the newspaper litter pellets in the urine tray instead of the questionable chemical sponge it comes with and voila - no smell, no walking to the toilet praying like crazy it doesn't spill everywhere when you're emptying it, and instead of being horrifically smelly after a day it lasts several days without needing to be cleaned out. Easy, peasy!
4. Way cheaper than puppy pads in the long run, and it looks nice on my balcony.
5. My puppy took to this immediately, without any need for teaching.
Some things I listed above are partially cons with very easy solutions, so I wouldn't consider them cons so they won't be listed in the con section.
1. The clips to hold the grass in place are truly awful. They do not work well. I've yet to find a solution for this - I have to readjust a few times a week.
2. Cleaning diarrhea or really loose stools on this thing will be an absolute nightmare. I'm dreading the day this happens. But to be fair, this would be a nightmare on any artificial grass product.
3. The price. I purchased this on sale for 150$ and that is the max I'd pay for this considering its size and the future size of my dog (90lbs). I wish there was an XL. I would pay 180$ for an XL but definitely not for a large. There needs to be a larger product for dogs over 70lbs.
Overall, this is the best product I've found to date to make apartment living with a balcony easy, and finally my balcony is no longer plagued with the festering stench of urine. I've got a doggy door, and my puppy just does his thing out there. It has made my life so much easier, and means that my 6 month old puppy no longer needs to be crated. His potty training has been an absolute breeze.
The bad: The absorbent powder they provide isn't nearly absorbent enough, we went through the stuff really fast and you need to keep buying more.
The ugly: Face it folks, this box is going to STINK LIKE A BOX OF PEE AND POOP (amazons words not mine)...because that's what it is. No amount of cleaning will fix this. If you spend time in the vicinity of this box the smell is really bad, especially in the summer. Also, if the dogs poo is any consistency short of dry and solid, it gets smeared into the fake grass and cleaning it is difficult. Not giving this product a bad review because it did exactly what I expected it to.
Just wanted to give people a realistic idea of what they are getting.
Like others the smell wouldnt come out of the matt even with the special enzyme spray. On a hunch and desperate to get rid of the horrible stink of urine I decided to spray the matt clean with my shower hose then I placed it in a pillow case and tied it shut and threw the whole thing in my washing machine. It came out perfect. No shedding or breakdoen of the matt and the smell was completely gone. So this is how we've been doing this and there isn't any odour in our condo. We rotate between teo matts. One being washed and one being used. I'd consider a third if i knew the next one would be cut to fit properly. Either way this is a great tool for people to early train oupoies esp in bad weather and for smaller dogs and dogs in condos. No idea how it would hold out to a large breed adult our labradoodle is still young but he is 20 lbs and it holds up fine
I was recommended this product by a friend and boy are we happy with it.
We live in northern British Columbia and when it snows...it really snows.
Each morning early I had to clear a portion of our lawn so our little Havanese had a place to do his business.
He would slip and slide, getting his paws wet, cold, and not finishing.
Now...he walks out under our covered porch and jumps up on his Loo.
We feel soo sorry for our fist 2 dogs...one was a Havanese and he died we believe from the -40 degree weather.
Our recommendations are:
Get the largest one...our dog is small but with the Medium one he still misses the zone.
Second...we had left over Costco Pee Pads...so we cut them up to fit the Tray...and they absorb perfectly...and only require a disposal ever so often.
Misu says...thank you, thank you, thank you!
Top reviews from other countries
Con respecto al polvo absorbente para los residuos, lo que yo hago es mezclar 60% de grenetina y 40% de bicarbonato de sodio aproximadamente, obtengo exactamente los mismos resultados.
Reviewed in Mexico on August 19, 2019
In exchange of that convenience, now you will have a grass pad retaining urine that won't dry as fast, making the box smell despite cleaning and give your dogs a wet urine feet to walk around your house. Not even hot water will get rid of the urine. To me, this is a quite a disappointment for such a high price on this.