Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Practical Time Series Forecasting: A Hands-On Guide [3rd Edition] Paperback – April 7 2016
|New from||Used from|
Purchase options and add-ons
The book offers clear explanations, practical examples, and end-of-chapter exercises and cases. Readers will learn to use forecasting methods using the Excel® add-in XLMiner® to develop effective forecasting solutions that extract business value from time-series data.
Featuring improved organization and new material, the Third Edition also includes:
- Popular forecasting methods including smoothing algorithms, regression models, and neural networks
- A practical approach to evaluating the performance of forecasting solutions
- A business-analytics exposition focused on linking time-series forecasting to business goals
- Guided cases for integrating the acquired knowledge using real data
- End-of-chapter problems to facilitate active learning
- A companion site with data sets, learning resources, and instructor materials (solutions to exercises, case studies, and slides)
- Globally-available textbook, available in both softcover and Kindle formats
About the Author
GALIT SHMUELI, PhD, is Distinguished Professor at the Institute of Service Science, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan. She is co-author of the best-selling textbook Data Mining for Business Analytics, among other books and numerous publications in top journals. She has designed and instructed courses on forecasting, data mining, statistics and other data analytics topics at University of Maryland's Smith School of Business, the Indian School of Business, National Tsing Hua University and online at statistics.com. For more information, visit galitshmueli.com
- Publisher : Axelrod Schnall Publishers; 3rd edition (April 7 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 208 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0991576659
- ISBN-13 : 978-0991576654
- Item weight : 372 g
- Dimensions : 17.78 x 1.19 x 25.4 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #562,293 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #245 in Planning & Forecasting
- #249 in Business Planning & Forecasting (Books)
- #568 in Statistics Textbooks
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top review from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Dr. Shmueli takes into consideration every potential scenario that may arise in real-life when setting out to build a forecasting model, something that I haven't seen in many other forecasting books.
A must-have book for all of those interested in the field of forecasting!