Quit: The Power of Knowing When to Walk Away Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
From the best-selling author of Thinking in Bets comes a toolkit for mastering the skill of quitting to achieve greater success.
Business leaders, with millions of dollars down the drain, struggle to abandon a new app or product that just isn’t working. Governments, caught in a hopeless conflict, believe that the next tactic will finally be the one that wins the war. And in our own lives, we persist in relationships or careers that no longer serve us. Why? According to Annie Duke, in the face of tough decisions, we’re terrible quitters. And that is significantly holding us back.
In Quit, Duke teaches you how to get good at quitting. Drawing on stories from elite athletes like Mount Everest climbers, founders of leading companies like Stewart Butterfield, the CEO of Slack, and top entertainers like Dave Chappelle, Duke explains why quitting is integral to success, as well as strategies for determining when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em, that will save you time, energy, and money. You’ll learn:
- How the paradox of quitting influences decision making: If you quit on time, you will feel you quit early
- What forces work against good quitting behavior, such as escalation commitment, desire for certainty, and status quo bias
- How to think in expected value in order to make better decisions, as well as other best practices, such as increasing flexibility in goal-setting, establishing “quitting contracts”, anticipating optionality, and conducting premortems and backcasts
Whether you’re facing a make-or-break business decision or life-altering personal choice, mastering the skill of quitting will help you make the best next move.
Releases October 04 2022
- 1 credit a month good for any title of your choice, yours to keep.
- The Plus Catalogue—listen all you want to thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Access to exclusive member-only sales, as well as 30% off your purchases of any additional titles.
- After 30 days Audible is $14.95/month + applicable taxes. Renews automatically.
|Audible.ca Release Date||October 04 2022|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #45,858 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#499 in Cognitive Science
#499 in Cognitive Psychology in Professional Science
#566 in Systems & Planning (Books)
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|