|Print List Price:||CDN$ 22.99|
|Kindle Price:|| CDN$ 15.99 |
Save CDN$ 7.00 (30%)
|Sold by:|| Hachette Book Group Digital, Inc. |
This price was set by the publisher.
Follow the Author
Radical Longevity: The Powerful Plan to Sharpen Your Brain, Strengthen Your Body, and Reverse the Symptoms of Aging Kindle Edition
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
A New York Times bestselling author and cutting-edge health expert shares her nutrition-based plan for healthy, vibrant longevity.Welcome to a Radical new view of aging—one that defies conventional wisdom and redefines the aging process with resilience, vitality and grace. You’ll discover the most advanced program that staves off the effects of aging, which includes how to release a lifetime of accumulated toxins and deficiencies—and how to correct and reverse their effects with targeted foods, critical lifestyle tweaks, peptides and signaling molecules for cellular regeneration.
With her trademark no-nonsense style, Ann Louise Gittleman champions a paradigm shift in which your biology is not your biography. By utilizing epigenetics to slow and reverse many of the most worrisome aging conditions, you can preserve your “youth span” and enhance your immunity, heart, brain, muscles, joints, skin, and hair. You can even revitalize your sex drive!
Based on decades of experience and research in breakthrough age-defying and restorative medicine, Radical Longevity will forever change what you think you know about aging. Inside you’ll discover:
- The most essential vitamins, minerals and hormones to reclaim youthful immunity
- The transformative Radical Longevity Power Plan and 5 Day Radical Reset to soothe the gut and revitalize the liver
- How to manipulate your metabolism
- The Cinderella mineral to help prevent memory loss and reverse Alzheimer’s
- How to make your body produce up to fifty percent more “Youth Defying Stem Cells”
- The #1 brain-aging hazard hiding in your home, and how to activate your best self-defense
- The unexpected “forbidden” food that makes your skin, joints, eyes, arteries, and brain feel years younger and much more…
"I deeply respect and honor the work of Ann Louise Gittleman, whom I consider as a teacher, as well as what she has done to bring intelligence to the world of nutrition."
―Mark Hyman, MD, medical director of Cleveland Clinic's Center for Functional Medicine, and 13-time #1 New York Times bestselling author
"Ann Louise Gittleman is a dynamic pioneer and leading authority in nutrition, health, and wellness. She is a beacon of light and inspiration for millions of people who seek advanced healing information that genuinely transforms their lives."
―Anthony William, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Cleanse to Heal
"Ann Louise Gittleman has demonstrated extraordinary leadership when it comes to reporting on the fundamental causes of illness and disease. Whether it's parasites in Guess What Came to Dinner? or environmental toxins in The Fat Flush Plan or toxic EMF or RF in Zapped, she reaches the hearts of the public by not only demonstrating what causes illness, but she also offers solutions on how to fix them! I'm proud to be one of her colleagues."
―Stephen Sinatra, MD, FACC, integrative cardiologist, coauthor of The Great Cholesterol Myth, Revised and Expanded
"Most people have been brought up believing that old age and decline are inevitable. And that becomes their experience. But there is another way. A far more pleasurable way to grow older while maintaining strength, vitality, and joy. That is the message of Radical Longevity— a book whose time has truly come.”
―Christiane Northrup, MD, NY Times bestselling author of Goddesses Never Age, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause.
"I have known Ann Louise for several years now and am constantly blown away by her depth of knowledge and her unique yet natural approach to tackling true health from an extremely unique yet scientifically informed perspective. You will highly benefit from her wisdom, I guarantee."―Ben Greenfield, founder of Ben Greenfield Fitness & Kion
"Rather than accepting conventional wisdom, Ann Louise is always lightyears ahead of it. Every time I read her books or attend her talks, I discover something new She never stops researching, never stops learning, and never stops advancing our field. I am continually awed by the depth and scope of her knowledge."―Dr. Kellyann Petrucci, New York Times bestselling author, Dr. Kellyann's Bone Broth Diet
"From Fat Flush to detox, Ann Louise Gittleman is a trailblazer whose impeccable, groundbreaking research and knowledge paved the path for nutritionists today. As she has for the past few decades, Gittleman continues to inspire, motivate, and challenge me today."
―JJ Virgin, four-time New York Times bestelling author
"When it comes to wellness through nutrition, Ann Louise Gittleman not only pioneered the field, she continues to be ahead of her time and on top of the game. At First for Women, we rely on Gittleman to alert us to the newest scientific studies with the most urgent relevance for our readers--and she always delivers."―Carol Brooks, editor-in-chief of Woman's World and First for Women magazines
"Ann Louise Gittleman, PhD, CNS is a visionary and pioneer in the world of natural healing. Her best-selling books have revolutionized natural medicine and Ann Louise continues to innovate."
―Izabella Wentz, PharmD, FASCP, -Functional Pharmacist and #1 New York Times bestselling author of Hashimoto's Protocol and Hashimoto's the Root Cause
"A powerful 'Force of Nature' in the healing community, Ann Louise is used to being on the cutting edge. Want to see what the experts will be saying in 25 years? Simply see what she is saying NOW!"
―Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, internationally acclaimed author of From Fatigued to Fantastic
"A long-time guiding light in the world of nutritional medicine, Ann Louise continues to be The First Lady of Nutrition and someone I can always count on for the best information for my patients, my readers, and me. Not only is she knowledgeable and a pioneer in the field, but is a truly caring person who is dedicated to changing the world, one body at a time. I'm proud to call her my friend."―Hyla Cass, MD, author of 8 Weeks to Vibrant Health
"I always admired her passion for healing for all, her desire to look deeper and her healing wisdom."―Raphael Kellman, MD, of the Kellman Center for Functional and Integrative Medicine and author of The Microbiome Breakthrough
"I am a great fan of Ann Louise's body of work! I am particularly happy that she has tackled the timely topic of longevity and how our bodies are being sabotaged by our toxic environment and how to easily and safely address this through simple lifestyle changes."
―Robyn Openshaw, founder of GreenSmoothieGirl.com
"Ann Louise has always been one of my favorite go-to nutritionists. Her Fat Flush Plan and other programs, supplements, and test kits have paved the way for a whole new generation of health and environmentally like-minded advocates and activists. She is STILL a superstar in our changing world and we are all very grateful for her tireless efforts to bring the most cutting-edge wisdom to a world that desperately needs it."―Donna Gates, internationally bestselling author of The Body Ecology Diet
"I have known Ann Louise for nearly 40 years, and I especially commend her for 'keeping the light burning,' with integrity, devotion, truth and a knowledge that surpasses most people's understanding of nutrition from the traditional side as well as the esoteric energetic side. Her work in nutrition has been eye opening to many, as she led the way as the 'Queen' of Nutrition! Our teacher, the great healer, Dr. Hazel Parcells often spoke of Ann Louise as a Leader in the field of nutrition. I am honored to know her not only as a colleague, but a dear friend."―Linda Lancaster, ND, PhD, author of Harmonic Healing
"I have always wanted to meet the woman who has also written over 35 books and has been such an icon for so many decades. I am honored that we have become friends as well as treasured colleagues."―Cherie Calbom, MS, The Juice Lady
"Ann Louise Gittleman is a wonderful woman, not only for her kindhearted spirit, but her dedication to getting to the root causes of health issues for decades. She was practicing and preaching 'functional medicine' before it was even a term!"―Evan Brand, certified functional medicine practitioner
"I admire Ann Louise Gittleman so much. She has touched on every major health issue of our time to help guide people in the right direction towards the underlying root causes of their health issues. She is a clear and responsible voice in a time when people more than ever need proper self-guidance, self-reliance and education about their health. I learn so much every time I speak to her--I trust and follow her every word!"―Wendy Myers, FDN-P, myersdetox.com
"Ann Louise Gittleman is always light years ahead of others in her field. She is one of my all-time favorite health influencers!"―Dr. Peter Osborne, bestselling author of No Grain No Pain --This text refers to the hardcover edition.
About the Author
- ASIN : B08HLPG6ZW
- Publisher : Hachette Go (May 11 2021)
- Language : English
- File size : 11575 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Sticky notes : On Kindle Scribe
- Print length : 492 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #192,842 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Algunas recomendaciones de vitaminas se repiten con dosis distintas, pero en general me ha parecido un libro muy bueno, una lectura entretenida y con consejos aplicables, ya sea por tu cuenta (alimentación, estilo de vida) o para consultar con un profesional de la salud alineado con estos temas (suplementación).
De plus, à écouter l’auteure, il faudrait prendre pres de 30 compléments alimentaires tous les jours.
Je suis déçue de cette lecture et ne la recommande pas. À côté, les livres des auteurs comme David Sinclair et Dave Asprey m’ont beaucoup plus appris.
RADICAL LONGEVITY, Ann Louise Gittleman, author
Publication date: May, 2021; 326 pages, Hachette Books.
Reviewer: Bill Sardi, Knowledge of Health, Inc.
Even the press releases regarding this landmark book doesn’t do it justice. You can’t get past the first page without saying: “I didn’t know that.” Lots to learn… did you know that after age 60 your risk of death doubles every eight years? Page 244. The book is about what you can do about that.
It’s a how-to book. And it spells out all the details, helps to answer your questions, offers encouragement (yes, you CAN reverse aging), even provides recipes if you are a foody, and an extensive list of dietary supplements (and sources), plus health habits and toxins to avoid. And it’s written by the reigning queen of healthy nutrition, Ann Louise Gittleman.
Now, now, don’t be thinking she crowned herself, this book reviewer did. And it’s because Ann Louise has faced many of the health challenges in the book herself. Hey, anybody can cite chapter and verse of scientific studies and never really know if a remedy or recipe lives up to its reputation. Ann Louise does, firsthand.
I like a book you can start at the end, thumb through, look at the charts and graphics and get an idea of what the book is about. This is one of those books. You will practically earn a diploma in health promotion by the time you read through the entire text. And that puts you ahead of most doctors, since they are schooled in disease and treatment, but not health maintenance.
For me, the best chapters are “Immunity Is Everything,” and “Free-Up Fascia For Youthful Movement.” But you won’t know what you are missing if you don’t read it from cover to cover.
First, begin by taking the LONGEVITY ASSESSMENT at the beginning of the book.
Without revealing too much, here are some tips from the book:
• 8,895 international units: That’s the amount of supplemental vitamin D you need every day. Page 19-20
• Getting enough sleep is essential for healthy bone marrow, where stem cells are made. Page 21
• Breathing dry air is the major reason for respiratory tract infections. Humidity is important. Page 22
• Your body stockpiles minerals as you age. There are ways to get rid of excesses. Page 25
• If you are exposed to fluoride or bromide, your thyroid gland will make the wrong kind of thyroid hormone. Page 26.
• BPA, dioxin, atrazine herbicide, plastics (phthalates), rocket fuel (perchlorate in tap water), fire retardants, lead, arsenic, mercury, glycol ethers, pesticides and non-stick cookware represent the “dirty dozen,” environmental toxi-chemicals. How to get rid of all of the above. Pages 31-34.
• About 32% of Americans test positive for parasites. Page 34
• The health benefits of sulfur-rich foods, like asparagus, onions, garlic and eggs. Page 40.
• Ever heard of dishwashing mold? That’s on page 41.
• Think of replacing your microwave oven with a steam convection oven. Page 46. Slow cookers are also extolled. Page 57.
• About a third of Americans have this, and there is no prescription medicine for it - - - fatty liver. Pages 52 & 86.
• Bacon has a staggering amount of an aging byproduct. Page 54.
• Learn what your fascia is. Page 60.
• Your body “remembers” trauma. Page 61.
• What the mischaracterized “forbidden fat” – omega-6 oils actually are, and why they are essential for life. Page 69.
• You’ll likely pay the price for being dehydrated in your life. Learn how to hydrate. Page 72.
• There is a dietary supplement that activated 9-fold more longevity genes than a calorie-restricted diet or the widely heralded red wine molecule resveratrol. Page 75.
• Japan stopped using copper plumbing. What happened? Page 79.
• How to bind copper and remove it from the body. Page 82.
• When your liver accumulates liver spots they back up into your skin. Page 86.
• Over 90 percent of your brain chemicals are created in your gut. Page 91.
• Roughly 80 percent of your immune system is in your digestive tract. Page 91.
• Loneliness is a problem if you want to stay healthy as you age. Page 94.
• The 5-day Radical Reset. Page 123.
• The Live Longer cocktail. Page 132.
• What is lipofuscin and why does it accumulate in our bodies as we age? Page 168.
• Avoid stimulants after 3 PM. Page 177.
• Your doctor never told you about homocysteine, did he/she? Page 185.
• The Great Heart Attack Imitator. Page 189.
• Will your bones end up like chalk or ivory? Page 200.
• We lose 6 pounds of muscle for every ten years of life. Page 202.
• Sugar is a calcium robber (really!). Page 204.
• Eczema? Psoriasis? You may be a quart low. Page 217.
• Do you want your body to be alkaline or acid? (Don’t make a mistake here). Page 226.
• Why men AND women want healthy testosterone levels. Page 232.
• You suffered for years with low libido and then you discovered DHEA. Page 236.
• Promote production of your own stem cells. Page 247.
Here’s another health axiom. My guess: for every ten pages you read of Ann Louise Gittleman’s book RADICAL LONGEVITY, you will gain another year of life. Don’t miss a page.
Fortunately, Ann Louise has a self-diagnostic quiz early on so you can concentrate on the areas you want to target within the book. Otherwise, looking at all her suggestions could be overwhelming, if you haven’t worked with a health care professional on supplements, food and health habits or aren’t familiar with her other books and what she says on social media. She includes some recipes as part of her plan, but unfortunately, there is no nutritional information included for those of us who like to track our foods on an app.
I appreciated her “selected references,” but would have liked some others to determine where she got some of her recommendations I haven’t heard about, such as what she says about kombucha. Don’t be surprised with some of her controversial suggestions that aren’t mainstream and haven’t appeared in major medical journals. You might not agree with everything she says, but there is some food for thought that may help you. I would assume her followers won’t be surprised at what she suggests, but to the traditional medical establishment, some of her recommendations, without their references, may be suspect to them.
One chapter especially stood out to me as being really valuable. Her chapter on optimizing the gut-brain connection is really needed for those facing their later years. She covers the dangers of suppressing your emotions, and how this behavior is related to grief and pain. She introduced me to the work of the late neuroscientist Dr. Candace Pert as part of this discussion. She also mentions the temporary heart condition known as Takotsubo cardiomyopathy (broken-heart syndrome). This is the first book where I have seen it written up for the average person to understand. She mentions its connection with grief, but I am also familiar with it happening after intense stress that is unconnected with the loss of a loved one.
I also appreciated what she had to say in her brain section about Alzheimer’s disease, anticholinergic substances, and memory loss. I would have liked a little more research material covered about keeping our eyes healthy, since that is such a huge area of concern for many in their later years.
Ann Louise has many suggestions for putting her Radical Longevity plan to work so we can “put the brakes on the aging process.” It may take some of our stimulus checks to integrate changes in our house environment, foods, supplements, and other areas she suggests for our optimal health. To her credit, she has a lot of material for her readers to ponder and review as to what they feel is appropriate to put into action in the future.
Finally, this book is good for those who want to manage their health and not sit back and wait for something bad to happen to them. Those who know Ann Louise from her other books and/or are 50+ may welcome non-medication suggestions and her take on increasing longevity. Thanks to NetGalley and the Hachette Book Group for allowing me to read an advance copy of the book in exchange for an honest, unbiased opinion.