|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer part number||CP878|
|Item Weight||3.95 kg|
Head Stud Replacement Kit for 1989-1998 Dodge Cummins 5.9L Diesel 12V | Installation Instructions & Assembly Lubricant Included CP878
Enhance your purchase
- DIRECT FIT REPLACEMENT - Fits 1989-1998 Dodge Cummins 5.9L Diesel 12V. Please see description below for accurate fitment. Engineered to unleash more performance out of your vehicle. Centerless ground to assure perfect concentricity. Please see vehicle compatibility tab above to ensure accurate fitment.
- ULTRA STRENGTH - XOTIC 7200 material properties allow for far greater tensile strength compared to 8740 chromoly steel head studs. Rated at 220,000 psi tensile strength. Threads rolled after heat treatment for optimum fatigue strength. Ample clamping strength prevents cylinder heads from lifting.
- EASY INSTALLATION - Broached stud ends install & make cylinder head removal easier. Installation manual is included with drawn diagrams to ease the installation process. Head studs are designed to retain cylinder seal even with today's extreme high pressure turbo systems. These studs far exceed clamping forces provided by standard head bolts.
- KIT INCLUDES - 26x Heads Studs, 26x Nuts, 26x Hardened Parallel Washer, 6x Rocker Bolts, & 1x Fastener Assembly Lubricant. Black oxide finish protects from wear and tear. Hardened parallel washers allow for uniform load distribution and accurate torque readings.
- WORRY-FREE PURCHASE - Xotic Performance is dedicated to offering LIFETIME WARRANTY and full money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied. Rigorous quality inspections are undertaken to ensure premium product standards.
INDESTRUCTIBLE TENSILE STRENGTH
Rated at 220,000 psi tensile strength. Threads rolled after heat treatment for optimum fatigue strength. Premium quality inspection standards ensure you'll never get blown head gaskets again.
Broached stud ends install & make cylinder head removal easier. Installation manual is included with drawn diagrams to ease the installation process.
ULTRA CLAMPING FORCE
Head studs are designed to retain cylinder seal even with today's extreme high pressure turbo systems. These studs far exceed clamping forces provided by standard Ford head bolts.
NUTS & WASHERS INCLUDED
Hardened parallel washers allow for uniform load distribution and accurate torque readings.
Head studs vs Head Bolts
In every diesel car, there are high cylinder pressures that can damage head gaskets. Factory OEM head bolts are torque to yield, meaning you torque the bolt to a specific torque with a final 90 degree rotation that will place the bolt at its’ maximum stretch point.
Our observation through years of inspecting and repairing diesel trucks is that when you add parts that increase horsepower (turbocharger, injectors, chips etc.), you risk creating higher cylinder pressures lower than your RPM range, consequently leading to a blown head gasket.
In contrast to head bolts, head studs are engineered to not stretch. Xotic Performance head studs are created using premium steel alloys (XOTIC 7200) that are superior in tensile strength to a bolt. Our studs are threaded on top to allow for nut placement which will result in a more accurate torque of the head.
Rather than blowing your head gasket again, we highly recommend replacing your head gaskets with fasteners that have a proven track record of not stretching - so that you never have to deal with the exhaustive procedure of replacing another failed head gasket.
|TENSILE STRENGTH||220000 psi|
|PACKAGE CONTENTS||26x Heads Studs, 26x Nuts, 26x Hardened Parallel Washer, 6x Rocker Bolts, & 1x Fastener Assembly Lubricant.|
|VEHICLE FITMENTS||Fits 1989-1998 Dodge Cummins 5.9L Diesel 12V. Please see description below for accurate fitment|
|FASTENER FINISH||Black oxide|
|MATERIAL||XOTIC 7200 material properties allow for greater tensile strength compared to standard 8740 chromoly steel head studs.|
Your Vehicle Deserves Better.
Xotic Performance was founded with the intention to fill the gap in the market for unwavering high quality auto parts. Too often auto parts stores sell ‘cheap and cheerful’ products that are worth only their weight as scrap. We intend to change that by supplying only the very best performance parts.
Installation Instructions Included with Drawn Diagrams
- Use a thread sealer to lubricate block threads of the head studs (only applies if the cylinder head studs extend into the water jacket).
- Screw studs as tight as can be made finger tight (no tool necessary), and install cylinder head.
- Using THE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT included in the package, lubricate the head studs (ensure nuts and washers are lubricated as well).
- Install the lubricated nuts and washer onto the head stud as tight as can be made finger tight (no tool necessary).
- Using the torque recommendations in the manual, tighten the cylinder head bolts in 3 equal steps.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Top reviews from other countries
First set was perfect, second set came missing bolts and when I sent back they never refunded my account