Compare Offers on Amazon
Judgment - PlayStation 5
|You Save:||$5.08 (11%)|
Enhance your purchase
- Dual Audio: Players can switch between the Japanese and English VO tracks at any point during the game. Experience Judgment using whichever language you prefer.
- Dual Subtitles: Subtitles change based on which audio track is selected – Japanese or English. Japanese voice subtitles are presented in a way that represents the traditional Yakuza experience while English voice subtitles match the English script.
- Localization Pedigree: Judgment’s localization has been handled in-house by SEGA of America’s talented Yakuza series localization team.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Product detailsPlatform for display:PlayStation 5
- Language : English
- Rated : Mature
- Product Dimensions : 13.5 x 1.5 x 17.5 cm; 116.57 Grams
- Release date : April 23 2021
- Manufacturer : SEGA of America, Inc
- Place of Business : IRVINE, CA 92618, US
- ASIN : B08VQ6CG9B
- Item model number : JM-63270-5
- Country of origin : USA
- Customer Reviews:
From the makers of the acclaimed Yakuza series, Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, Judgment is the dramatic tale of a disgraced lawyer seeking redemption in a world rife with corruption and despair. Investigate the seedy Red Light District of Kamurocho by stepping into the mind of private detective Takayuki Yagami and utilize innovative investigation systems to uncover the secrets that lie deep within Kamurocho’s corrupt underbelly. Experience visceral combat with two unique combat styles. Take down groups of thugs with sweeping blows in Crane Style, then switch to Tiger to overwhelm a single foe with a series of powerful strikes. Practice mixing-and-matching styles in combat in conjunction with a wide variety of skills, weapons, and powerful (and hilarious) EX Actions to unlock a whole new dimension in combat. Judgment marks the first time in over 12 years that a game set in the Yakuza series universe has received an English dub for its Western release. A star-studded English voice cast brings Judgment to life. Greg Chun takes on the role of Judgment’s protagonist, Takayuki Yagami, supported by Crispin Freeman, Matthew Mercer, Cherami Leigh, Yuri Lowenthal, James Hong, Ed O’Ross, Amy Walker, Matt Yang King, Fred Tatasciore, Brian Mcnamara, as well as guest appearances by SungWon Cho, Cristina Vee, Max Mittleman, and many more.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
+ Kamurocho has never looked better, especially at night!
+ Good controls and fun fight mechanics.
+ Lots of varied content from side cases to mini-games.
+ Revised colour palette suits content better than the garish original.
+ New subtitling for Japanese dialogue, or English audio with dubtitles!
+ Cheaper retail price than the PS4 debut, including 4K/60fps & all DLC on disc.
- Over-familiarity to Yakuza wears out its welcome too quickly.
- Kamurocho shows its age with this new story: stuffy and constricted.
- Goofy side cases clash against the game's otherwise serious tone.
- Like Kiryu before him, Yagami has one dimension the whole game.
- Hard mode holds your hand WAY too much.
- Frequent framerate hiccups.
- No HDR?!
SUMMARY - Ryu Ga Gotoku's most accessible game to date. These two new writers are a welcome addition to breathe life into the studio, and Judgment is all the better for it. But if the devs are reading this, keep the tone consistent between the main story and the side cases. Also, animate Yagami's face to show some character next time! (Or is this the way the "actor" is in real life?)
Recommended to newcomers, but a VERY cautious recommendation to the tired Yakuza veterans.
By Mike Perez on June 6, 2021
Sadly company behind it is dumb and is canceling the series after Lost Judgment. Whether someone else picks up development rights remains to be seen.
It's a bit of a spin off to the Yakuza series, but you don't need to play any of them to get into this. This one actually reminded me a bit of Sleeping Dogs, which is one of my all time favorite games! I didn't feel this one was as good as Sleeping Dogs, but I still had a blast.
- Graphics are beautiful and very colorful!
- Frame rate is soooooo smooth
- Story is great
- Combat system is smooth and a ton of action
- If you played the PS4 version, there's nothing new and no reason to play other than enhanced visuals
5/5 if it's a new game to you, or if you loved it on the PS4 and feel like replaying it!
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Mexico on August 26, 2021
Reviewed in Mexico on May 31, 2021