Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
STEAM Stories: The Backyard Build (Engineering) Hardcover – Illustrated, Sept. 18 2018
STEAM Stories is a series of interactive picture books, each introducing a different STEAM topic: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. Join dynamic duo Max and Suzy in these action-packed problem-solving adventures which introduce children to key STEAM concepts through a gripping, interactive story. A review section at the back of each book highlights the key topics, invites children to relate the story to their own experiences, and improves reading comprehension.
This STEAM story introduces the concepts of planning and implementing a project. Together with Max and Suzy, young learners will explore the wonders of engineering.
From the Publisher
The Backyard Build: The Engineering Behind the Story
Making a plan
When you want to build something, it’s important to have a plan.
Materials have different properties that make them useful for different tasks.
When you want to make something, think about the problems first, then find different solutions to fix them.
Let’s look at some of the problems Suzy and Max had to solve in the story.
- Before they fixed the swing, what did Suzy and Max have to decide first?
- What did Suzy use to make a seat for the swing?
- Why did Max decide the chain was better than the rope?
- How did Suzy and Max measure the plank of wood?
About the Author
Jonathan Litton has written numerous children's books in prose and verse. He loves using his science background to write about sea creatures, space, and saving the planet, but is also fond of penning stories about pirates, princesses, and picnics.
Magalí Mansillais an illustrator based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Magalí uses a variety of techniques to create her illustrations, but her priority is capturing the magic of childhood in dreamlike forms and colors.
- Publisher : QEB Publishing (Sept. 18 2018)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 24 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1786032813
- ISBN-13 : 978-1786032812
- Item weight : 245 g
- Dimensions : 20.96 x 0.95 x 20.96 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #773,990 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #4,018 in Children's Books on Computers & Technology
- #106,979 in Literature & Fiction for Children (Books)
- #170,849 in Religion & Spirituality (Books)
- Customer Reviews: