|Hard Drive||500 GB Solid State Hard Drive|
|Item model number||MZ-77E500B/AM|
|Hardware Platform||PC, Mac|
|Product Dimensions||10.01 x 7.01 x 0.69 cm; 58.97 Grams|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||10 x 7 x 0.7 centimeters|
|Flash memory size||500|
|Hard Disk Interface||SATA 6 GB/s|
Compare Offers on Amazon
Add to your order
from After Solution $18.74
- If your drive stops working, the Rescue data recovery plan will attempt to recover the data from the failed drive and recovered data will be returned on a media storage device or via secure cloud-based data storage.
- Covers new solid state hard drives of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction).
- Free shipping for in-lab data recovery; 24/7 online case status tracking
- If your data isn't recovered, you get your money back
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Samsung 870 EVO 500GB SATA 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ-77E500B/AM) [Canada Version]
|Digital storage capacity||500 GB|
|Compatible devices||Laptop, Windows|
|Hard disk interface||SATA 6 GB/s|
|Specific uses for product||Personal, gaming, business|
|Hard disk form factor||2.5 Inches|
|Hard disk size||500 GB|
|Form factor||2.5 inches|
About this item
- Featuring the newest edition to the world's best-selling* SATA SSD series, the Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5” Internal SSD is specially designed to enhance performance of mainstream PCs and laptops.
- Up to 560 MB/s sequential read and 530 MB/s write. Shock is 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Safely store and render 4K videos and 3D data
- With the latest Samsung V-NAND technology, this fast and reliable SSD allows for enhanced performance with consistent speeds, even under heavy workloads and multi-tasking allowing for faster file transfer.
- 3 year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Samsung 870 EVO solid state drive is the SSD to trust. Based on 3D VNAND flash, Samsung offers enhanced read/write performance, endurance and power management efficiency. With multiple form factors, the 870 EVO is ideal for mainstream PCs and laptops.
From the manufacturer
The 870 EVO meets leading standards of reliability.
The 870 EVO passed compatibility tests with major host systems and applications, including chipsets, motherboards, NAS, and video recording devices. As the latest entry in the globally best-selling EVO series, the 870 EVO‘s proven versatility is compatible with systems and tasks of any user.
Samsung Magician software
Make your drive work like magic. The new and improved Samsung Magician 6 software will keep your SSD in check. You can easily manage your drive with a wide range of useful tools to keep up with the latest updates, monitor the drive's health and status, or even enhance its performance.
|Samsung 870 EVO SATA III Solid State Drive||Samsung 860 EVO Solid State Drive||Samsung 860 QVO Solid State Drive||Samsung 860 PRO Solid State Drive||Samsung T5 Portable Solid State Drive||Samsung X5 Portable Solid State Drive|
|Capacity||250GB | 500GB | 1TB | 2TB | 4TB||250GB | 500GB | 1TB | 2TB | 4TB||1TB | 2TB | 4TB||256GB | 512GB | 1TB | 2TB | 4TB||250GB | 500GB | 1TB | 2TB||500GB | 1TB | 2TB|
|Form Factor||2.5"||2.5" | M.2(2280) | mSATA||2.5"||2.5"||Portable||Portable|
|Interface||SATA III 6Gbps||SATA III 6Gbps||SATA III 6Gbps||SATA III 6Gbps||USB 3.1 Gen2 backward compatible||Thunderbolt 3, NVMe|
|Max Sequential Read Speed||Up to 560 MB/s||Up to 550 MB/s||Up to 550 MB/s||Up to 560 MB/s||Up to 540 MB/s||Up to 2,800 MB/s|
|Max Sequential Write Speed||Up to 530 MB/s||Up to 520 MB/s||Up to 520 MB/s||Up to 530 MB/s||Up to 520 MB/s||Up to 2,300 MB/s|
|NAND Type||Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC|
|Recommended For||Content creators, IT professionals, to everyday users.||Gaming and Professional Computing||Everyday Computing||Gaming, Professional and High-End Computing||Fast, Secure External Storage||Content Creator and IT Professional for faster and secure External Storage|
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Remember that fresh SSDs often don't appear as a drive in Windows until you do into disk management and format it! It's recognized, it just doesn't show up as a drive until you complete that step. At that point, if you're using it for new storage, it's ready to go. If you're replacing your boot drive, make sure to clone the old one first. After cloning, swap them out, reboot, and it's like nothing changed except the speed that everything loads in!
By Owilde on March 31, 2021
My motherboard is ancient, so I'm not getting the full benefit, but it is fast enough.
The 'old' 850 is now in my laptop.. 5 years old and never any issues, so I purchased this one on the basis of that reliability.
Con: Price. Full retail price for Samsung can be quite high compared to some of their competitors, however, price does fluctuate quite a bit, so watch for sales.
Top reviews from other countries
Now my computer loads up in around 15 seconds. A very good purchase that I am very happy with. Came on time too
Reviewed in Mexico on April 1, 2021