The Science of Getting Started: How to Beat Procrastination, Summon Productivity, and Stop Self-Sabotage Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Outsmart your lazy and undisciplined tendencies. Become a productivity machine and achieve your goals in record time.
Procrastination is the monster that we are always running from. It lurks around every corner, and can completely sabotage your life. But you can learn to defeat it every time.
A blueprint for getting into motion from a complete standstill. Understand and defeat your psychological blocks.
The Science of Getting Started is a deep dive into our tendency to push things until the last minute possible. It uncovers the biological and evolutionary science behind procrastination, and how we can beat these instinctual drives to triumph in our career and personal life. A plethora of studies are analyzed and put into illuminating contexts.
Best of all, it’s a book of scientific solutions boiled down to everyday usefulness. You’ll be able to apply insight from this book immediately to slay your procrastination monster and get ahead of the pack.
Patrick King is an internationally bestselling author and entrepreneur. His writing draws of a variety of sources, from scientific research, academic experience, coaching, and real life experience. He has battled the procrastination monster his entire life and brings proven techniques to you.
Discover discipline, willpower, and motivation that works for you. Defeat your inner sloth.
- A scientific and biological overview of your procrastination habit.
- Warning signs to monitor your work ethic.
- Psychological tactics to trigger your brain to productivity.
- How to structure and schedule your life to safeguard against procrastination.
- Simple yet effective tactics to get off your butt and into action.
- How to beat analysis paralysis and other causes of mental freezing.
Get more done in less time so you can enjoy your life instead of avoiding it.
Become the most reliable person you know. Break your habit of missing goals and letting people down. The ability to defeat procrastination is the ability to accomplish exactly what you want and gain access to wherever you want to go.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
- 1 credit a month good for any title of your choice, yours to keep.
- The Plus Catalogue—listen all you want to thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Access to exclusive member-only sales, as well as 30% off your purchases of any additional titles.
- After 30 days Audible is $14.95/month + applicable taxes. Renews automatically.
|Listening Length||4 hours and 6 minutes|
|Audible.ca Release Date||June 08 2019|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #4,603 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#9 in Creativity (Audible Books & Originals)
#67 in Creativity (Books)
#505 in Personal Success
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I found out all chicken soup for the soul books, have one thing in common: everything they want to say is in the first five pages! Lol
Top reviews from other countries
So, if I can stop procrastinating long enough to read this I will review it properly.
Word of warning - just buying the book doesn’t stop you procrastinating, you have to get your finger out and actually read it!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 10, 2020