The Science of Mindfulness and Self-Compassion: How to Build New Habits to Transform Your Life Audible Audiobook – Original recording
Learn the science of self-compassion and mindfulness to heal and build resilience.
In the face of a setback or failure, is your first response to "get tough" on yourself? Do you worry that being too easy on yourself will make you "go soft"? In fact, more than a decade of research shows that mindful self-compassion makes us stronger, not weaker. Together, mindfulness and self-compassion:
- Reduce anxiety, depression, trauma symptoms, and chronic pain.
- Make us more capable, connected with others, and resilient.
- Improve our health, personal relationships, and ability to achieve our aspirations.
In this immersive seven-hour audio program - presented to an audience of psychotherapists, caregivers, teachers, and meditators - you'll join two pioneering researchers to explore:
- The science supporting the many benefits of mindfulness and self-compassion
- How to build kind awareness through meditations, physical gestures, and many other tested methods
- How to cultivate presence, ease, and courage
Taught with depth, humor, and an empathy for those in need, Shauna Shapiro and Kristin Neff weave surprising scientific insights, their own stories as dedicated mothers and researchers, and a wealth of guided practices to bring mindfulness and self-compassion into every area of our lives.
- Three ingredients of effective mindfulness: intention, attention, and attitude
- Posture, movement, touch, and tone of voice - somatic tools to activate self-compassion
- Self-esteem versus self-compassion - crucial differences
- Working with a challenging client, parent, or child (and not burning out)
- Healing trauma - guidance for survivors and therapists
- How mindfulness and self-compassion foster secure attachment within ourselves
- Interconnectedness and interbeing - how self-compassion and mindfulness expand our empathy and sense of self - and many other topics
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
- 1 credit a month good for any title of your choice, yours to keep.
- The Plus Catalogue—listen all you want to thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Access to exclusive member-only sales, as well as 30% off your purchases of any additional titles.
- After 30 days Audible is $14.95/month + applicable taxes. Renews automatically.
|Listening Length||7 hours and 11 minutes|
|Author||Kristin Neff PhD, Shauna Shapiro PhD|
|Narrator||Kristin Neff PhD, Shauna Shapiro PhD|
|Audible.ca Release Date||April 02 2019|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #11,184 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#95 in Spiritual Meditation
#554 in New Age Meditations