Four E's Scientific Laboratory Vortex Mixer Various Speed 0-3000rpm, Touch & Continuous Function - Vortex Shaker Mixer Test Tubes Acrylic Paints Tattoo Ink
Enhance your purchase
- 【Multipurpose High Speed Vortex Mixer】Lab vortex shakers has 0-3000rpm adjustable speed to meet different mixing needs. Able to mix liquid in biological,laboratory,nail polish,eyelash extensions glue,inks,model hobby paint ,miniature paints,acrylic paints,etc. Compatible with most bottles,lab tubes and pots.
- 【Excellent Mixing Capacity】This lab vortex shaker Orbital diameter is 6mm rather than common shaker 4.5mm, can mix a larger amount of liquid in one time. Our mix machine can fix full 50ml containers within 3 seconds. Save the headache of hand shaking hundreds of bottles of paint.
- 【2 Simple Operation Modes】The paint vortex mixer machine is simple to operate.Continuous Mode: plug it in,turn it on, then mixing will stats immediately until you turn off the power. Touch Mode：simply push the tube into the top to start shaking, and shaking stops as soon as tube is lifted. Mix more thoroughly in shorter time.Easy to maintain and clean.
- 【More Stable Vortex Paint Shaker】 Aluminum casting base with 4 suction cups on the bottom keep the machine firmly working on table, reduce the surface vibration tremendously, even at 3000rpm.It can also avoid scratching the table.
- 【Safer Laboratory Vortex Mixer】12v low voltage, to ensure laboratory safety, DC brushless motor, high efficiency, small wear, low failure rate. lifespan is about 6 times longer than brushed motor. Power supply is certified by cTUVus.
Specification for this product family
- Parcel Dimensions : 25.4 x 22.1 x 17.78 cm; 3.03 Kilograms
- Date First Available : Aug. 5 2019
- Manufacturer : FOUR E'S SCIENTIFIC
- ASIN : B07W1KKXQC
- Manufacturer reference : 4ES-MI0101002-CA
- Best Sellers Rank: #9,408 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- #5 in Lab Vortex Shakers
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
From the brand
What can you get ?
- Lab Vortexer x 1
- Power Adapter x 1
- Instruction Manual x 1
Four E's Scientific Lba Vortex Mixer
- Speed 0-3000rpm Adjustable: A time saver - vortex paint shaker takes seconds to mix full 50ml containers effectively.
- Touch function: Simply press the bottle into the soft silicon top to start shaking, stops as soon as lifted.
- Continuous Mode: plug it in, turn it on, then the mixing will stats immediately until you turn off the power.
- Sturdy Mini Vortex Shaker: Heavy in weight. 4 suction cups on the bottom are stable enough to prevent motion.
- Multiple Applications: Use to mix miniature paints. Generally small pots of liquid or semi-liquid paints and all types of thin washes and inks all mix very well.
0-3000rpm Adjustable Speed
Only need to use the knob to adjust the speed, easy to use, to meet different mixing needs.
One-Handed Touch Function
Simply push the bottle or tube into the soft silicone top to start shaking, and the shaking stops as soon as the tube is lifted.
Plug it in, turn it on, then the mixing will stats immediately until you turn off the power.
Orbital Diameter of 6mm
Compared to other Mini Vortex Mixer orbital diameters are 4.5mm, ours 6mm bigger area to contact with the mixing bottle.
Suction Cup Design
4 suction cups on the bottom hold the vortex mixer securely in place while mixing.
High Quality Material
The shell of the entire mixer is made of iron-aluminum alloy with blue spray paint, which is durable and anti-oxidation.
Widely Application-Liquid or Semi-liquid Paints
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
This shaker is very effective at mixing small bottles of (hobby) paint and there’s no mess unlike using a spinning wand or stir stick. Unfortunately, the unit has poor longevity and I question quality control. Out of the box, the USB port didn’t work. I didn’t buy a vortex mixer to charge my iPhone so I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle of returning it for a replacement. Now, exactly 6 months after first use, the unit has developed 2 issues: 1) the rubber area you press against has become much less responsive and it’s difficult to find the sweet spot where it will start, and 2) the motor ramps down and stops while mixing. I suspect whatever triggers the unit to start/run is failing. I’m not a professional artist or even a weekly user of the mixer - just a casual hobbyist - so I’m surprised the mixer hasn’t lasted longer. It’s a shame as it was a real effort saver initially.
UPDATE: Four E reached out to me within 24 hours after I left my 2-star review to offer me a replacement mixer. They were very apologetic and did not ask me to change my rating. I’m surprised and impressed at the offer and will update my review based on how the replacement performs. Definitely a thumbs-up for their customer service.
UPDATE #2: As promised, Lynette at Four E had a replacement mixer to me in just 3 or 4 days. The replacement works perfectly and I couldn’t be happier with Four E’s commitment to support!
I bought this ‘Four E’s Scientific’ mixer in the spring of 2022 to mix my miniature paints, washes, and nail polishes after they had been sitting for two years. I mixed 74 paints (including metallics and washes) and 23 nail polishes over 3 days. The instructions that came with the mixer specifically say to not overheat the motor which will cause it to burn out. Knowing this, I paused in my paint mixing about every ten minutes to cool it even if it didn’t feel hot.
Also of note: I have 1 to 2 non-rusting metal mixing balls in each container that I mixed. I find these make a big difference in speeding up the process as well as a more thorough mixing.
For those who care, the paints I mixed include ‘The Army Painter’ paints, ‘Citadel’ washes, ‘Adikolor’ paints, ‘Vallejo Model Color’, ‘Vallejo Game Color’, ‘Vallejo Varnish’, and ‘Liquid Surface Primer-G’.
My newer paints and nail polishes took about 1 min to mix; thirty seconds with the lid pointed up and thirty seconds with the bottom pointed up. I suspect these were faster to mix because less evaporation has happened since they were purchased. Older paints and polishes took 2 min to mix. I should probably add a drop or two of distilled water to each of these and mix again. If you watch my attached video, you will also see that even after mixing, the small paint bottles with the tiny dispenser get some liquid stuck in the tip. I found that shaking back and forth twice by hand after mixing tended to get rid of that issue.
Also, even though a sediment had formed at the bottom, it mixed each of my metallic paints, washes, primer, and glitter nail polishes very well.
Things I liked: It worked very well for me (though I do have the metal mixing balls in each), but especially well on the newer paints. It comes with a 24 month warranty (which I have not had to use so far, but am glad I’ll be able to put it through its paces a few times before that time runs up). I was able to watch and get it on sale for less than $90 which I felt was a good price for how much hand and wrist pain it saved me from shaking each bottle by hand.
Things that I didn’t like: I have to hold each bottle in place while mixing. In addition, my hand feels ‘vibratey’ after so many bottles, my arm and shoulder are sore from doing so many paints at once, and I had to position the round bottom of bottles at specific angles to get the mixer to work well (also in my video). This last one isn’t a big deal to me as I was able to get the knack after just a few bottles (and it is easier to do when you’re not filming yourself).
All in all, I am happy with this mixer and will buy again when this one dies (even if it dies at 24 months and 1 day). 😊
It's heavy, but not in any cumbersome way. It has enough heft that, when combined with the rubber feet, it stays in place on my desk while mixing. If anything, there are occasions where it vibrates the desk enough that things want to scoot around, but the unit itself stays in place 99% of the time.
On my unit, the USB out charger port doesn't work. Could I send it back? Could I take a star off? I could, but that wasn't why I bought it. I have a surplus of USB ports available for charging, and I probably wouldn't have used it much anyway.
Easily one of my top ten hobby investments of 2021.