Compare Offers on Amazon
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Nintendo Switch
Enhance your purchase
- The World's Greatest Leaders: Play as one of 24 different leaders from various countries around the world and throughout history
- Expansive Empires: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map
- Active Research: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history
- Dynamic Diplomacy: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations
- Exciting and Unique Scenarios: Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch includes four playable scenarios, each with a different setting and style of gameplay inspired by history
- Rated Everyone 10+ for Drug Reference, Language, Mild Violence, and Suggestive Themes
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Product detailsStyle:Nintendo Switch
- Language : English, French
- Rated : Everyone 10+
- Parcel Dimensions : 16.9 x 10.5 x 1.2 cm; 136.08 Grams
- Release date : Nov. 16 2018
- Manufacturer : Straight Forward Sales
- Place of Business : NEW YORK, NY, 10036 US
- ASIN : B07HJN6MKV
- Item model number : 710425553684
- Customer Reviews:
Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. Explore a new land, research technology, conquer your enemies, and go head-to-head with history’s most renowned leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known.
From the manufacturer
Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch
Whether it’s at home, on the road, or wherever else you play, make your mark on history with Sid Meier’s Civilization VI on Nintendo Switch. Explore the world, advance your culture, wage war, and make peace as you compete against history’s most renowned leaders to build an empire that will stand the test of time.
And now on Nintendo Switch, the quest to victory in Civilization VI can take place wherever, whenever.
Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch includes the latest game updates and improvements and four pieces of additional content which adds four new civilizations, leaders, and scenarios:
• Vikings Scenario Pack
• Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
• Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
• Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
Plan your way
The path to victory is the one you determine. Become the most scientifically advanced civilization, dominate through sheer military power, or become the foremost destination for the cultural arts.
See the marvels of your empire spread across the map. Settle in uncharted lands, improve your surroundings, build new districts, and see your cities – and your civilization – prosper.
Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also,the way you build up your city is changed and it takes forever to build anything. The science discoveries are confusing too.
The biggest complain is how S-L-ooooooooooooooow everything is. Such a disappointment.
1) There is no online multiplayer. You cannot play with your friends on the internet...
... but far worse than that...
2) There is no hotseat multiplayer. Hotseat is a mode in turn-based videogames where you can pass around one controller using one console with a single copy of the game. This is a very popular game mode in the Civ series that has appeared in all the major titles since Civilization 4. Civilization 6 on PC has hotseat, but they removed it from the Nintendo Switch version of the game.
If you want to play multiplayer on Civ 6 for Nintendo Switch, the only way is to meet in person with all the friends you want to play with. Every person will need their own Nintendo Switch, and their own copy of the game, so for most people this will not be realistic.
I thought buying this version of the game made sense for portability, but I was wrong. Only buy this version of the game if you are content exclusively playing single player.
So... I was very excited to play this game on my Switch, as I used to play it on my Mac years ago and find my life actually has time to sporadically get lost in video games now. Well. Hours and hours of gameplay and getting my bearings, I finally had a round that was going well. I had 2 cities between me and total world domination and "crash". Hmm. Sucks. Ok. Turn on and off again. Approach second last city and "crash". Fine. On to other city instead and everything is hunky dory. Down to one final city to complete my coup. Back to other city "crash".
So close. Only 1 city left and can't make it happen. Make my peace and move on.
Start New campaign.
Half way through, almost ready to start my world takeover again. Crash. Restart. Crash. Restart. Crash. Give up and come to Amazon to bid fair warning to my fellow shoppers.
Buy this game if you have nothing better to do than make big plans, hours to waste and want to accomplish nothing with your time.
Apparently the last software update (before I bought it) made this game unplayable on the Switch. They say they are aware of it and are working on a patch update but there is no word on when it will be ready. I debated returning for a refund but I'm sure the developers will fix it eventually. If you look on forums some VERY patient people have figured out some work around solutions. Bah. I don't have the patience for that but maybe you do.
I'll keep playing, it is Civ after all, maybe the hardest levels will be more engaging.
Never thought I'd give a Civ game less than 5 stars but I can't do more than 4 stars for this one (I will update if I change my mind).
Also the game is not easy to navigate with Nintendo Switch. I wish their engineers did much better job.