Simply Said: Communicating Better at Work and Beyond Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Master the art of communication to improve outcomes in any scenario.
Simply Said is the essential handbook for business communication. Do you ever feel as though your message hasn't gotten across? Do details get lost along the way? Have tense situations ever escalated unnecessarily? Do people buy into your ideas? It all comes down to communication. We all communicate, but few of us do it well. From tough presentations to everyday transactions, there is no scenario that cannot be improved with better communication skills. This book presents an all-encompassing guide to improving your communication, based on the Exec|Comm philosophy: we are all better communicators when we focus less on ourselves and more on other people. More than just a list of tips, this book connects skills with scenarios and purpose to help you hear and be heard. You'll learn the skills to deliver great presentations and clear and persuasive messages, handle difficult conversations, effectively manage, lead with authenticity and more, as you discover the secrets of true communication.
Communication affects every interaction every day. Why not learn to do it well? This book provides comprehensive guidance toward getting your message across, and getting the results you want.
- Shift your focus from yourself to other people
- Build a reputation as a good listener
- Develop your written and oral communications for the greatest impact
- Inspire and influence others
- Communicate more effectively in any business or social situation
Did that email come across as harsh? Did you offend someone unintentionally? Great communication skills give you the power to influence someone's thinking and guide them to where you need them to be. Simply Said teaches you the critical skills that make you more effective in business and in life.
- 1 credit a month good for any title of your choice, yours to keep.
- The Plus Catalogue—listen all you want to thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Access to exclusive member-only sales, as well as 30% off your purchases of any additional titles.
- After 30 days Audible is $14.95/month + applicable taxes. Renews automatically.
|Listening Length||5 hours and 46 minutes|
|Audible.ca Release Date||March 21 2017|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #17,192 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#219 in Communication & Social Skills
#269 in Business Communications (Books)
#403 in Career Guides (Books)
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
The book needs a good editing.
1) Less is more. Because the book touches on some many different forms of communication, it doesn't really gets deep into each form. Which is a shame. If some sections where left out, other sections could be explored more deeper.
2) In ever chapter, it's been mentioned that the author works for a training company. This is becoming annoying as it feels you're reading a brochure. It diminishes the book.
3) Some paragraphs are repeated as highlight sections. Word for word. Which means some text is listed double.
In addition to a valuable framework for thinking about how to communicate, Simply Said also provides tactics and mantras that helped me immediately in my day to day life. For example, the tactic of starting every client interaction with a question about what they think the meeting is for has provided surprising insights into both my clients agendas and opportunities for better client service (and more business) that I would have otherwise overlooked.
I wish I'd read this book earlier in my career but late is better than never. As such, I think it would be an invaluable gift for any young professional or college student.