Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet Cover, Compatible with 10th generation tablet, 2020 release, Charcoal Black
Enhance your purchase
- Designed by Amazon to protect and perfectly fit your Fire HD 8 (only compatible with 10th Generation - 2020 Release).
- Slim design with built-in stand for hands-free viewing in landscape or portrait orientation.
- Full-cover case with magnetic connection keeps the cover securely closed while on the go, with easy access to buttons, ports, and cameras.
- Automatically wake your tablet or put it to sleep by simply opening or closing the cover.
- Premium fabric with a microfiber interior to protect your screen and keep it clean.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Product Dimensions : 20.31 x 1.57 x 14.38 cm; 185.97 Grams
- Date First Available : May 12 2020
- Manufacturer : Amazon
- Place of Business : Seattle, WA 98109, USA
- ASIN : B07Y8Z9T78
- Item model number : 53-023581
- Country of origin : China
Best Sellers Rank:
#82 in Amazon Devices & Accessories (See Top 100 in Amazon Devices & Accessories)
- #5 in Covers
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So considering the steep price tag, this case does so much more than serve as a protective cover for my Fire HD. I'm only docking 1 star because the magnets on this thing are so strong (which is good), but quite annoying to close the case once they are stuck to the back of the device when it is fully folded.
I am not a fan of the tailored app store, but honestly this has not stopped my enjoyment of the product or limited my ability to use it. I found the tailored interface a bit difficult to get used to at first and do find myself searching for things that I feel should be more immediately available (as on other more expensive tablets).
Battery life has not been an issue either with reading and/or watching video for hours.
It does the job -- as long as you are seeking a case that does no more than protect the unit from everyday scratches and scuffs. But if you want protection in situations where the unit gets dropped or you sit on it, forget it. Too flimsy for that kind of rough handling.
Also, the fold that is used to make the tablet stand upright is almost useless.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 6, 2020
MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL this one does NOT suffer from off-gassing of plasticiser which made the previous one we bought smell like something out of a toilet !! It really was that bad, so we sent it back and are awaiting a refund.
This one (different make) cost around a tenner more but it's more than worth it especially as it's a birthday present for my wife. For what it's worth I think it's excellent and highly reccomend it.
However, a couple of minor niggles are that once in place you cannot access the SD Card ... you need to take the tablet out of the case should you need to change the SD Card. Secondly, while the cover is comfortable when holding the tablet and standing it upright (portrait) I couldn't get it to hold the tablet up in landscape mode ... it kept toppling over. Perhaps that is why Amazon are keen for people to also purchase the docking station?
Overall though, nice quality if somewhat a little on the pricey side.