|Item model number||SVID2USB23|
|Hardware Platform||PC, Mac|
|Product Dimensions||21.01 x 15.01 x 3.81 cm; 181.44 Grams|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||21 x 15 x 3.8 centimeters|
StarTech.com Composite to USB Video Capture - S Video Converter/Analog to Digital Video Adapter with Twain and Mac Support (SVID2USB23)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- HIGHLY COMPATIBLE: This Composite to USB video capture cable is intended for your Mac or PC devices, including Macbook Pro and Macbook Air, and features TWAIN support for maximum compatibility.
- CUT COSTS: This USB adapter enables users to capture and convert an S-Video or Composite Video and turn it into digital media which will let users continue to enjoy their favorite VHS or home movies.
- HASSLE-FREE SETUP: Enjoy an easy, headache-free setup with this S Video to USB capture card which supports full plug-and-play installation.
- ULTIMATE PORTABILITY: This analog to digital video converter cable features a sleek and compact design, making it ideal for on-the-go digital applications.
- RELIABLE SUPPORT: Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty, this Composite to USB video capture device has free lifetime technical support.
- TWAIN support allows for choice of various video capture and editing software titles (Corel Ulead included)
- The supplied software supports NTSC, PAL and SECAM input formats as well as the selection of multiple output file types offering flexibility
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
This Composite to USB video capture offers simple analog video capture solution, enabling you to grab video from an S Video or Composite video source, as well as the accompanying 2-channel RCA audio, to your Mac or PC. This analog capture card connects to your PC through USB 2.0, and is compact enough to fit in the palm of your hand, providing a conveniently portable video capture solution that's more than suitable for use with laptops and desktop computers alike. An easy-to-use device for recording analog video to your PC from external sources, such as a VCR or camcorder. The S-Video to USB converter offers the perfect solution for Betamax or VHS video capture, with real-time MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 encoding. This analog to digital video adapter is ideal for converting VHS or home movies to digital format, as well as importing videos onto your Mac or Windows computer for editing. It also features a snapshot function that enables users to capture still images from their analog video. This analog video capture cable supports a broad range of operating systems, delivering seamless analog video capture for your PC or Mac computers. As well, the analog to digital converter has TWAIN support, to ensure compatibility with a wide range of systems and software. This S-Video / Composite to USB video capture cable is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
From the manufacturer
Features a small, lightweight USB-powered design
The cable connects to your desktop or laptop computer through USB 2.0, and is compact enough to fit in the palm of your hand, providing a conveniently portable video capture solution that's more than suitable for use with laptops and desktop computers alike.
The supplied software supports NTSC, PAL and SECAM video capture input formats
The SVID2USB23 USB 2.0 S-Video & Composite Video Capture Cable offers an easy to use analog video capture solution, enabling you to grab video from an S-Video or Composite video source, as well as the accompanying 2-channel RCA audio, to your Mac or Windows computer.
Support for both Mac and Windows operating systems
This analog video capture cable supports a broad range of operating systems, delivering seamless analog video capture for Mac computers (OS 10.X), and Windows PCs (Windows 7, Windows 2000/XP(32/64-bit)/Vista(32/64-bit)).
Packaging for SVID2USB23
Capture and convert an S-Video or Composite video on your PC or Mac, as digital media.
- Convert VHS home movies to digital format - Connect your VCR, camcorder, or any other analog video source to your Mac or PC and capture your audio/video in MPEG 1/2/4 format
- Import recorded videos onto your Mac or Windows computer for editing, and make your own compilation
Look for StarTech Branded Packaging to ensure you are getting a genuine StarTech product.
What's in the Box
1 - USB Video Capture Cable
1 - Software CD
1 - Driver CD
1 - Instruction Manual
- Works with Mac or Windows computers.
- Choose from MPEG-1, MPEG-2, or MPEG-4 video encoding.
- Features TWAIN support for use with various software titles.
- Supports NTSC, PAL, and SECAM video capture.
- Up to 30 fps analog video capture capability at maximum resolution of 720x480(NTSC) / 720x576(PAL).
- Plug and Play device installation, requires no power adapter.
- Snapshot function allows you to capture still images from video.
- Small and lightweight design offers convenient portability for on-the-go applications.
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm also using the composite output to capture my Wii console, which had been collecting dust until now, to play my old favorites.
The software is very simple and doesn't allow for very fine adjustments, but it gets the job done.
Quality of the capture is great, sound is also very clean.
I'm using this with Windows 10 on a Dell XPS laptop. USB 3 is required for the device to work. Also there are no Linux drivers.
The unit is very small and portable. It's good well on to of my Dell docking station. An LED indicates that power is applied.
It does the job, but coming from an Avermedia Live Gamer Extreme which is more simple to use, I'm not sure I'll keep it.
The device is 100% incompatible with any 3rd party software (their site does say that).
If your machine is not fast enough the sound goes out of sync with the picture quickly on their supplied VivaStation software although this does not seem to actually affect the recording process although also depending on settings the software hangs, stops completely or corrupts various other codecs.
StarTech makes better devices than this one (as do many other hardware manufacturers). I suggest that one pay a bit more for a device that works better and is more compatible with other software although the device does kind or, sort of, work OK.
I bought the USB3HDCAP instead. It costs more and requires USB3, but it is compatible with DirectShow.
This product does the job but I would suggest buying a better video editor.
Just click "Media" menu and choose "CY3014 USB" for Video and Audio device.
We can view the captured video in real time and in any size, take snapshot, record, and stream (with VLC).
We can use the software that comes with the box, or some others, too.
This box allows us to use a laptop (or a desktop) with USB3 as a display for VGA, DVI, HDMI, S-video, component.
So, we can debug a machine without having another display/monitor.
We can use Laptop or desktop screen as a video monitor, too.
Top reviews from other countries
The SD Card function works well, the video quality is saves is decent so useful for video editing.
The USB Function is next to useless unless you use a Windows machine to plug it in to, There are no drivers available for Mac Or Linux, and it does not appear as a V4L generic video device, so if you plan on using it with a Mac or Linux machine, you are stuck using the streaming function to pull it in to software like OBS, which as i mentioned suffers compression artefacts and drift in the audio.
I am guessing as I have seen it state in various places it is Windows 7/8/8.1 and not mentioning Windows 10 that the software is not updated.
If Startech read this, Windows is complaining in the Device manager about a security certificate.
If I receive an answer from my support request by tomorrow I will not return. However, I have already ordered another external vga capture device which is all I wanted from this.
For straight recording in to a computer, it works very well.