Summary of Essentialism by Greg McKeown Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Don't miss Greg McKeown's life-changing book, Essentialism. If you have ever felt too busy to get everything done in a day, this book is a must-listen to get your life back under control. Essentialism isn't just another self-help book, it will change the way you live your life.
What will you learn from listening to this book?
- How to harness the power of choice to take charge of your time, priorities, and life.
- How to separate the few things that matter in your work and life from the noise that constantly surrounds you.
- How to eliminate the constraints that keep you from making your highest contribution.
- How to simplify your life by pursuing less but better.
- How to build up on small wins to make monumental progress.
- How to free yourself by reducing your options and setting clear boundaries.
- How to overcome the fear of loss and let go of the things that hold you back.
- How to find your essential intent and unify the flow of your life or organization.
Greg McKeown cuts through the jargon of productivity literature to remind his listners the one thing they are losing sight of in the face of increasing opportunities: no one can have it all. He builds on the personal philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi, Steve Jobs, and other iconic personalities to offer insightful, research-backed, and practical tips for taking back control of your life by embracing the power of less. Any team leader, parent, or individual feeling strained by the weight of a schedule spiraling out of control will find this book invaluable.
Please note: This is a summary, analysis and review of the book and not the original book.
- 1 credit a month good for any title of your choice, yours to keep.
- The Plus Catalogue—listen all you want to thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Access to exclusive member-only sales, as well as 30% off your purchases of any additional titles.
- After 30 days Audible is $14.95/month + applicable taxes. Renews automatically.
|Listening Length||44 minutes|
|Audible.ca Release Date||August 28 2017|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #50,291 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#3,831 in Personal Success
#7,064 in Practical & Motivational Self Help
Top reviews from other countries
What I liked most of this book is its practicality. Greg McKeown draws from his own experiences as a business coach and highlights strategies that helps in focusing only on the essential. He speaks of the famous Pareto Principle, intuition, creativity and the ability to cut your losses. He speaks with philosophical conviction of the eternal dilemma of choosing the right option out of many, overcoming cognitive biases, multitasking, leadership essentials and the significance of trade-offs. The book contains an executive summary, with every chapter showcasing key takeaways of Essentialist principles. The writing is easy and highly logical, and leaves you convinced of the benefits in embracing essentialism.