Summary of Tarana Burke & Brené Brown's You Are Your Best Thing Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
No time to read? Get the main key insights from this summary of Tarana Burke and Brené Brown’s You Are Your Best Thing in just a short listen.
A few key insights from Chapter 1:
1. Jason Reynolds, an award-winning author, and his brother Allen were raised in Washington DC, after their parents and grandparents moved there from South Carolina for better work opportunities.
2. When he was 17, Jason’s mother was diagnosed with cancer in her bladder. During the period of her therapy, Jason had to juggle hospital visits, a paid internship, and college. After his mother survived cancer, Jason moved to New York to chase his dream of becoming a writer.
3. At age 22, Jason got a publishing contract offer. On the same day he had to sign the contract, his mother was admitted to the hospital because surgical scar tissues were blocking her intestines.
4. Jason went to DC, saw his mother briefly, and left to sign his contract before she was admitted to surgery.
- 1 credit a month good for any title of your choice, yours to keep.
- The Plus Catalogue—listen all you want to thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Access to exclusive member-only sales, as well as 30% off your purchases of any additional titles.
- After 30 days Audible is $14.95/month + applicable taxes. Renews automatically.
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|