|Print List Price:||CDN$ 22.95|
|Kindle Price:|| CDN$ 9.99 |
Save CDN$ 12.96 (56%)
Follow the Author
Surprised by Jesus: Subversive grace in the four Gospels Kindle Edition
When God-in-the-flesh showed up twenty centuries ago in Palestine, the religious PhDs rejected him and the prostitutes and social outcasts flocked to him. Why? Because the open welcome of divine grace that Jesus offers, open to anyone who would simply leave their moral resume at home, is not predictable. It is not safe. It is subversive...
In this book, Dane Ortlund reflects on this subversive grace as it uniquely emerges in each of the four Gospel accounts. In each Gospel, the message and mission of Jesus is deeply surprising:
- In Matthew, we see the surprise of disobedient obedience.
- In Mark, we see the surprise of the king undergoing the fate of a criminal.
- In Luke, we see the surprise of the insiders becoming outsiders and the outsiders becoming insiders.
- In John, we see the surprise of the Creator of the universe becoming one of his own creatures.
Such surprises confound our law-marinated hearts. But the good news that Jesus won with his own blood will not be tamed. This good news is defiant. This book exists to exult in this good news and the scandalous mercy Jesus loves to pour out on needy sinners—on people like you and me.
About the Author
- ASIN : B09V4855J8
- Publisher : Evangelical Press (April 1 2022)
- Language : English
- File size : 1817 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 174 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #36,847 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
I loved how he went through each Gospel to demonstrate a couple surprising things about Jesus. It really made me take another look at the Gospels and confess where I have made Jesus more into my image rather than being confirmed to his image. This book was a refreshing splash of grace on a hot day.