|Digital List Price:||CDN$ 53.99|
|Print List Price:||CDN$ 67.68|
|Kindle Price:|| CDN$ 25.16 |
Save CDN$ 42.52 (63%)
|Sold by:||Amazon.com.ca, Inc.|
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Authors
97 Things Every SRE Should Know: Collective Wisdom from the Experts 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Site reliability engineering (SRE) is more relevant than ever. Knowing how to keep systems reliable has become a critical skill. With this practical book, newcomers and old hats alike will explore a broad range of conversations happening in SRE. You'll get actionable advice on several topics, including how to adopt SRE, why SLOs matter, when you need to upgrade your incident response, and how monitoring and observability differ.
Editors Jaime Woo and Emil Stolarsky, co-founders of Incident Labs, have collected 97 concise and useful tips from across the industry, including trusted best practices and new approaches to knotty problems. You'll grow and refine your SRE skills through sound advice and thought-provokingquestions that drive the direction of the field.
Some of the 97 things you should know:
- "Test Your Disaster Plan"--Tanya Reilly
- "Integrating Empathy into SRE Tools"--Daniella Niyonkuru
- "The Best Advice I Can Give to Teams"--Nicole Forsgren
- "Where to SRE"--Fatema Boxwala
- "Facing That First Page"--Andrew Louis
- "I Have an Error Budget, Now What?"--Alex Hidalgo
- "Get Your Work Recognized: Write a Brag Document"--Julia Evans and Karla Burnett
- Kindle (5th Generation)
- Kindle Keyboard
- Kindle DX
- Kindle (2nd Generation)
- Kindle (1st Generation)
- Kindle Paperwhite
- Kindle Paperwhite (5th Generation)
- Kindle Touch
- Kindle Oasis
About the Author
Emil Stolarsky is a site reliability engineer, who previously worked on caching, performance, & disaster recovery at Shopify and the internal Kubernetes platform at DigitalOcean. He is the program co-chair for SREcon EMEA 2019 and SREcon Americas West 2020, and contributed a chapter to the O’Reilly book “Seeking SRE.”
Jaime Woo is an award-nominated writer, and is a frequent speaker at SREcon EMEA, Americas West, and Americas East. He spent three years as a molecular biologist, before working at DigitalOcean, Riot, and Shopify, where he launched the engineering communications function.--This text refers to the paperback edition.
- ASIN : B08P2CP1FK
- Publisher : O'Reilly Media; 1st edition (Nov. 16 2020)
- Language : English
- File size : 32114 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Sticky notes : On Kindle Scribe
- Print length : 367 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #855,019 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Top reviews from other countries
For example small hints how to use Grafana or Prometheus in a smart way.
But the book contains only very vague philosophical notes.
The book did not help me.