Follow the Authors
What Will the Weather Be? Paperback – Illustrated, Aug. 4 2015
Enhance your purchase
Read and find out about meteorology and why the weather can be hard to predict in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
Will it be warm or cold? Should we wear shorts or pants? Shoes or rain boots? What Will the Weather Be? uses colorful, simple diagrams to explain meteorology in a fun, engaging way. Perfect for young sciencists and budding meteorologists, this bestseller features clear explanations of everyday weather instruments like thermometers and barometers.
This clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom, was vetted for accuracy by Dr. Sean Birkel of the Climate Change Institute at the University of Maine.
This is a Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
“Good introductory material to what can be a complex topic, and it could be used effectively if followed by class discussion.” — School Library Journal
From the Back Cover
Will it be warm or cold?
Should we wear shorts or pants?
Shoes or boots?
Read and find out why the weather is so difficult to predict.
- Publisher : HarperCollins; Illustrated edition (Aug. 4 2015)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 32 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0062381989
- ISBN-13 : 978-0062381989
- Item weight : 130 g
- Dimensions : 25.4 x 0.3 x 20.32 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #303,929 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: