Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Authors
How to Write a Screenplay That Doesn't Suck (and Will Actually Sell) Paperback – Nov. 27 2018
|New from||Used from|
Audible Audiobook, Unabridged
|Free with your Audible trial|
Purchase options and add-ons
"This book is very entertaining and educational for the beginning screenwriter, as well as a gentle "nudge" to the more experienced."
--Geno Scala - Exec Dir., 74th Academy Awards
Want to (finally) learn how to write a screenplay that captures the attention of managers, agents, even...dare I say...actors?
Want to learn screenplay writing shortcuts and strategies to turning that idea into your head into a tangible, finished screenplay?
Looking for a NO B.S. and super-simple Screenwriting 101 that will show you how to brainstorm, plot, plan, write, rewrite...and finish your way to script writing awesomeness?
"Should be required reading for any aspiring screenwriter. Loved this book! I refer to it daily when tackling my own writing goals."
--Karla McNeese - Associate Producer, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Well, in...How to Write a Screenplay That Doesn't Suck (and Will Actually Sell) - Screenwriting Made (Stupidly) Easy Book 1 you'll learn how to write a script that is compelling and original with such tasty screenwriting nuggets as:
- "Embracing Your Inner S-O-B" - How to turn your petty grudges, anxieties, obsessions, hatreds -- and mild contempt for the world -- into fascinating, vibrant and unforgettable characters who literally crash their way off the page and into the memory banks of your script's readers.
- "What Stale Popcorn Can Teach You About Writing" - I'll show you how to turn those trips to the over-priced movie theatre into focused, actionable intel you can use to up your film business game and become a savvy student of the screenwriting craft.
- "How to Stop Waiting for Perfect Story Structure (and Just Get Writing!)" - Yes, I know, you'll get started on your screenplay ONCE you nail down the perfect structure. But in this chapter I'll show you how four structure hacks to get you started you writing and your way to FADE OUT.
- "Rewriting for People Who Hate Rewriting" - When learning how to write a movie script all the books say "You gotta rewrite." But HOW do you rewrite? What does that actually look like? In this chapter I'll show you how the pros -- and somewhat pros -- do it.
And unlike that generic, cliched screenwriting manual that just always seems to pop up on your radar, this tome is written by a former screenplay reader and optioned screenwriter, Michael Rogan of ScriptBully magazine, who can help you up your screenwriting IQ and avoid some of the mistakes he made. (Again and again.)
So, give How to Write a Screenplay That Doesn't Suck (and Will Actually Sell) - Screenplay Writing Made (Stupidly) Easy Book 1 a try...
It may not (instantly) help you buy that house in the Hollywood Hills. But it will put you that much closer to doing that most wonderful and rare thing: a screenwriter who actually finishes what they start.
Don't believe us? Check out what the people say:
- Movies & Video
- Performing Arts
- Education & Teaching
- Humor & Entertainment
- Writing, Research & Publishing Guides
- Direction & Production
- Publisher : ScriptBully (Nov. 27 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 109 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1970119004
- ISBN-13 : 978-1970119008
- Item weight : 132 g
- Dimensions : 13.34 x 0.71 x 20.32 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: #449,415 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Books with massive paragraphs that makes my eyes flutter and make my brain shutdown.
Well done, this is easily a book I would recommend to script writers.