|Digital List Price:||CDN$ 29.99|
|Print List Price:||CDN$ 29.99|
|Kindle Price:|| CDN$ 16.49 |
Save CDN$ 13.50 (45%)
Follow the Authors
Writing Children's Books For Dummies Kindle Edition
Create the next very hungry caterpillar, big red dog, or cat in the hat with a hand from this trusted guide
In Writing Children’s Books For Dummies, you’ll learn what to write between “Once upon a time . . .” and “The End” as you dive into chapters about getting started writing, how to build great characters, and how to design a dramatic plot. On top of the technical writing advice, you’ll discover how talented illustrators work and how to find an agent. The newest edition of this popular For Dummies title even shows you how to choose a publisher—or self-publish—and how to use social media and other marketing and PR to get the word out about your new masterpiece.
In the book, you’ll learn about:
- The fundamentals of writing for children, including common book formats and genres, and the structure of the children’s book market
- Creating a spellbinding story with scene description, engaging dialogue, and a child-friendly tone
- Polishing your story to a radiant shine with careful editing and rewriting
- Making the choice between a traditional publisher, a hybrid publisher, or self-publishing
- Using the most-effective marketing and publicity techniques to get your book noticed
Perfect for anyone who’s ever dreamed of creating the next Ferdinand the Bull or Grinch, Writing Children’s Books For Dummies is an essential, easy-to-read guide for budding children’s authors everywhere.
From the Back Cover
Claim your spot on bookstore shelves
As an aspiring children’s book author, there’s a lot you need to know, and Writing Children’s Books For Dummies is here to guide you. We start you off on the right foot with insider advice for writing compelling characters, spellbinding stories, and snappy dialogue. Learn where to find and how to make the most of good feedback, and then get your polished work out there. We take you through it all, including updated advice on how to choose and approach an agent or traditional publisher, when to consider hybrid- or self-publishing, and how to use social media to find readers.
- What you need to know about the children’s book market
- Tips for crafting a good book idea
- Navigate the world of illustrations
- Why you should edit and edit again
- How to land a traditional publisher
- All about hybrid- and self-publishing
- How to make your work stand out
About the Author
Lisa Rojany is a writer and publishing professional. Lisa has her own company, Editorial Services of L.A., for writers of fiction and nonfiction.
Peter Economy is a Wall Street Journal best-selling business author and ghostwriter with more than 125 books to his credit, including multiple For Dummies titles.--This text refers to the paperback edition.
- ASIN : B09X93FVJF
- Publisher : For Dummies; 3rd edition (April 4 2022)
- Language : English
- File size : 13831 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 412 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1119870011
- Best Sellers Rank: #147,179 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: