Change your Amazon Account Country
If you are eligible to purchase digital content from another country, you can transfer your qualifying digital purchases to your Amazon account in that country.
Transferring your Amazon account to another country or region transfers your digital content to the new account. It also allows you to purchase content from the Kindle Store in your local currency.
You can transfer your account to the previous country or region at any time as long as you have an active billing address for that country.
Important: If you create a new Amazon account instead of transferring the existing account, purchases won't be shared between the accounts. You’ll have separate login credentials for each account.
Note: It’s not possible to transfer an Amazon.co.jp or Amazon.cn account to another country or region.
To transfer your account from your existing country to another:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices and click Preferences.
- Click Change under Country Settings.
- Select or enter your address, and click Update.
- If you are eligible to purchase digital content from another country, follow the on-screen prompts to learn more about what will happen if you transfer your Amazon account.
- When you’re ready, select the option to transfer your account to complete the process.
You can reverse your transfer by redoing the steps above.