Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Practicing Greatness: 7 Disciplines of Extraordinary Spiritual Leaders MP3 CD – Unabridged, July 26 2016
|New from||Used from|
Audible Audiobook, Unabridged
|Free with your Audible trial|
MP3 CD, Audiobook, MP3 Audio, Unabridged
Purchase options and add-ons
Based on his extensive experience as coach and mentor to many thousands of Christian leaders across a broad spectrum of ministry settings, Reggie McNeal helps spiritual leaders understand that they will self-select into or out of greatness. In this important book, McNeal shows how great spiritual leaders are committed consciously and intentionally to seven spiritual disciplines, habits of heart and mind that shape both their character and competence:
- The discipline of self-awareness: the single most important body of information a leader possesses
- The discipline of self-management: handling difficult emotions, expectations, temptations, mental vibrancy, and physical well-being
- The discipline of self-development: a life-long commitment to learning and growing and building on one's strengths
- The discipline of mission: enjoying the permissions of maintaining the sense of God's purpose for your life and leadership
- The discipline of decision-making: knowing the elements of good decisions and learning from failure
- The discipline of belonging: the determination to nurture relationships and to live in community with others, including family, followers, mentors, and friends
- The discipline of aloneness: the intentional practice of soul-making solitude and contemplation
About the Author
Reggie McNeal is the director of leadership development for the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Through his various leadership roles, from local congregational settings to denominational positions to seminary classrooms to coach and consultant for thousands of spiritual leaders, he has been devoted to helping leaders understand and practice true leadership greatness. McNeal is the author of Revolution in Leadership: Training Apostles for Tomorrow's Church (Abingdon Press), along with A Work of Heart: Understanding How God Shapes Spiritual Leaders and the best-selling The Present Future: Six Tough Questions for the Church, both from Jossey-Bass.
Kenneth Hartley Blanchard is an American author. His extensive writing career includes over 60 published books, most of which are co-authored books. His most successful book, The One Minute Manager, has sold over 13 million copies and been translated into many languages.
- Publisher : Audible Studios on Brilliance Audio; Unabridged edition (July 26 2016)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 1522698159
- ISBN-13 : 978-1522698159
- Item weight : 99 g
- Dimensions : 16.51 x 1.59 x 13.97 cm
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
Usually I run into two problems with other leadership books. First, some of them are just boring to me. Sometimes I have felt like I'm reading through some dry, academic work. This is not too fun--it seems counterintuitive to try to sharpen your skills with a dull book. Secondly, some leadership books are too repetitive and vague. The information kind of runs together, with one chapter looking suspiciously like the previous chapter.
McNeal's book is different. It was a joy to read, and each of the 7 disciplines made a lot of sense to me. Practicing Greatness is more about being a leader than "doing" leadership roles. This book further confirmed my decision to stay in my current ministry and continue to do something that I'm gifted for and passionate about.
I hope you'll take time to read it.