Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Richard C. Wilson
Richard C. Wilson is CEO of The Miami Family Office, a $500M AUM single family office a single family office. Richard is also the founder of Wilson Holding Company which employs over 30 professionals and produces over $10M a year in revenue through various operating businesses which include Billionaire Family Office and The Family Club, the largest membership-based family office association (http://FamilyOffices.com), along with holdings in the training, single family office management (http://SingleFamilyOffices.com), investment conference, search, data research, physical bullion, private equity (http://PrivatEquity.com), food, and energy industries.
Richard has spoken at over 150 conferences in 17 countries and has the #1 bestselling book in the family office industry, The Single Family Office: Creating, Operating, and Managing the Investments of a Single Family Office. Richard has his undergraduate degree from Oregon State University, his M.B.A. from University of Portland, and has studied master’s level psychology through Harvard’s ALM program while previously residing in Boston. Richard currently resides on the island of Key Biscayne, Florida with his wife and two daughters.
Richard can be contacted at Team@FamilyOffices.com or (212) 729-5067.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Understanding the basics of the family office industry is essential if you want to succeed in establishing a successful fund for a wealthy family. That's where The Family Office Book comes in. Outlining key strategies for family offices, from what a family office is to how the industry operates, and important global differences, the book is packed with interviews with experts from leading family offices.
Providing readers with need-to-know tips and tools to succeed, The Family Office Book gives current and future practitioners everything they need to know about this popular segment of the financial industry.
- Includes investment criteria, presented as a roadmap showing how several family offices are allocating capita
- Outlines strategies for fund managers of all types, including mutual funds, real estate funds, private equity, and hedge funds on raising capital in this field
- Features interviews with the most famous and sought after family offices to give real-life examples of successful family offices in action
A comprehensive and reliable resource, The Family Office Book details exactly how family offices are choosing investment managers and why, and how, to break into the industry.
Hedge funds are now in the news more than a thousand times a day and yet it is hard to find clear, factual information about how they operate, raise capital, and invest. The Hedge Fund Book provides real-world case studies of various hedge fund managers providing a solid foundation in specialized hedge fund knowledge for both financial professionals and those aspiring to enter this field.
It provides an analysis of funds within different phases of their life cycles and investment processes, and examines each cycle in ways that would be informational for marketers as well as investors, bankers, and financial professionals who would like to learn more about day-to-day hedge fund operations
- Addresses everything you need to know about this popular segment of the financial industry within a case study format
- Each chapter contains several types of investment and situational analyses, insights and best practices along with a review and "test your knowledge section"
- Written by a successful hedge fund consultant and head of one of the largest hedge fund networking groups in the industry with more than 30,000 members
- This book is required reading for participants within the hedge fund industry's leading designation program, the CHP Designation
If you're looking to gain a better understanding of hedge funds, look no further than The Hedge Fund Book.
Despite the recent wave of scandals related to the hedge fund industry, interest in hedge funds as a relatively safe alternative investment remains high. Yet details about how the industry operates and the strategies employed by different types of hedge funds is hard to come by. With increasing calls from lawmakers and the media for industry reform, it is incumbent upon finance professionals and high-net-worth individuals to take a good look before leaping into hedge funds. That's where the Bloomberg Visual Guide to Hedge Funds comes in. It provides a graphically rich, comprehensive overview of the industry and its practitioners, zeroing in on how different types of hedge funds work.
- Based on extensive interviews with hedge fund managers, analysts and other industry experts, the book provides a detailed look at the industry and how it works
- Outlines investment strategies employed by both long and short hedge funds, as well as global macro strategies
- Arms you with need-to-know tips, tools and techniques for success with all hedge fund investment strategies
- Provides a highly visual presentation with an emphasis on graphics and professional applications
- Real-life examples take you inside how hedge funds illustrating how they operate, who manages them and who invests in them