Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
Want to impress your buddies at the bar?
Need to think of something interesting to do at the next family gathering?
Want to learn a bunch of random facts about history, science, true crime, and the paranormal?
Pick up Interesting Stories for Curious People, the ultimate guidebook for a plethora of interesting facts about a whole bunch of several different topics. A quick read packed with information from cover to cover.
Here you will find out:
- How did a Frenchman successfully use a spontaneous combustion defense during a murder trial?
- How did a German teenager help end the Cold War?
- Why did some really smart guys think foam houses would be the wave of the future?
- What is a chupacabra and why are there two of them?
- Did Cleopatra really die from a snake bite?
You’ll be glued to the pages of this book reading interesting fact after interesting fact as Interesting Stories for Curious People brings you the in-depth knowledge of some things you may have heard about and always wondered, but now will learn the truth. You’ll finally be able to separate fact from fiction and will be surprised to learn that some of the things you’ve been told, even by your teachers, was just plain wrong!
Whether you are a trivia maven or just a person who likes to learn new things, you’ll learn something new and find yourself entertained as you discover some of the most fascination criminals, ghost stories, strange habits of historical figures, and just weird things that are a part of our world. So open this book and your mind and see another side of things that you may not know existed.
Who doesn’t love a bit of random trivia now and then?
Or, for that matter, who doesn’t enjoy plucking some obscure tidbit of information from the back of their mind and dropping it into conversation?
Pick up The Ultimate Bathroom Reader, your ultimate source of interesting facts about a wide range of diverse topics.
This book is truly a quick read packed with information from cover to cover.
In this amazing trivia book, you will find out:
- Why did the nation of Sudan crash out of the Top 10 largest countries in 2011?
- Why did everyone at the very first Oscars’ ceremony already know who the winners would be?
- Why did the people of New York riot over the price of flour in 1837?
- How likely are you to be hit by the ball while in the stands of a baseball match?
- And so many more questions!
Collected here are some of the world’s most peculiar, astonishing, weird, and wacky facts and anecdotes, covering everything from sports to space travel, movies to medicine, Sherlock Holmes to Shakespeare, and football to pharaohs.
In simple terms, that is what The Ultimate Bathroom Reader is all about.
All of these facts plus hundreds more are listed here, in simple, bite-size chunks—with a few pop quizzes thrown in just to keep your brain ticking over! Who knows what you might pick up if you have a couple of minutes to spare?
Grab your copy right now and start having fun!
Do you want to know how your favorite group got together and who is really the brains behind the band? Whether you’re interested in what your favorite musicians like to do in their spare time, where they get the ideas for their music, or which artist had an exorcism in his home, you’re in for a treat. This book will satisfy your curiosity and help you impress your friends with your rock and roll knowledge.
As easy to follow as a good drummer, this book will take you through the early years of rock and its development through the hippie era, the synthesizer-filled eighties, and the grunge age. You’ll read about dramatic, absolutely hilarious, and downright odd moments during the concerts that shaped music history and defined generations.
Whether you’re a passive listener of your friend’s rock playlists or a connoisseur of guitar riffs, you’re sure to learn something new that will increase your enjoyment of your favorite music. For an extra challenge, try the quizzes at the end of each chapter. So go ahead, open the cover and enter the world of rock!
It’s a pretty popular war. Maybe you heard about it yesterday. Maybe last month. But it was probably recent. And when it came up, did you wish that you could be the one to casually drop a fact that would have everyone in the room going, “Wow, I never knew that!”
With this book, you can be that person.
You can read it in just a few minutes a day.
Chapters are bite-sized and easy to read, meant for normal people instead of war historians!
Each chapter ends with a bonus helping of trivia and some quick questions to test your knowledge.
You’ll zoom through this book and be hungry for more.
Get ready to impress your friends with your knowledge – not just of the main events of World War Two, but of all the gritty details and weird true facts. By the time you finish this book, you’ll have a fact for every occasion, from the first moment someone thought about having a second World War, to the most recent blockbuster movies about it.
So get ready to meet characters from Adolf Hitler, rejected art student, to Jack Churchill, the broadsword-swinging male model. Find out why World War Two started in the first place, and why it’s never a good idea to invade Russia in winter. Learn why the United States was going to stay out of the war, how Canadians stole airplanes for the British, and what an orange soft drink has to do with the Nazis.
Some of the things you’re going to learn are sad. Some are scary. Some are sexy. And some are downright strange! It’s everything your history teacher never got around to telling you.
In The Great Book of Ireland, you’ll learn:
- How did Ireland get its name?
- Why is it known as the Emerald Isle?
- Who was St. Patrick really?
- What do leprechauns and shamrocks have to do with St. Patrick’s Day?
- Which Irish company had a 9,000-year lease?
- What is Ireland’s top attraction?
- Which movies have been filmed in Ireland?
- Which famous novel may have been based on an Irish myth?
- Which legends did the Irish believe in?
This book is packed with trivia facts about Ireland. Some of the facts you’ll learn in this book are shocking, some are tragic, and others will leave you with goosebumps. But they’re all interesting!
Whether you’re just learning about Ireland or you already think you’re an expert on the state, you’ll learn something you didn’t know in every chapter. Your history teacher will be interesting at all of your newfound knowledge.
So what are you waiting for? Get started to learn more about Ireland!
Want to impress your buddies at school?
Need to think of something fun to do at Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Want to learn a bunch of random facts about history, science, and the paranormal?
If you answered yes to any or all of those questions then pick up Interesting Stories for Curious Kids: A Fascinating Collection of the Most Interesting, Unbelievable, and Craziest Stories on Earth! This book is the coolest collection of interesting facts about a whole bunch of several different topics.
Here you will find the answers to some of the following:
- How did a dog, a horse, and a cat become TV and movie stars?
- What were the first video game consoles?
- Why can’t you break an egg in the palm of your hand?
- How do parrots talk?
- Did Alexander the Great love his horse more than anything else?
And much, much more!
You’ll be glued to the pages of this book reading about interesting facts, scary stories, and how to do a few neat science experiments. Interesting Stories for Curious Kids brings learning to you in a new, fun way that is sure to keep you reading.
Parents, this book is a perfect tool to keep your kids reading in the summer or winter breaks, when they’ve put the books aside and are more interested in other things. There’s a bit of everything in here for tweens, so I guarantee that it’ll keep their mind sharp even during the summer doldrums.
Whether science, history, or just weird facts are your thing, you’re sure to find something in here that will keep you interested and turning the pages. So open this book and your mind and see other things that you may not know existed.
Okay boomer, are you ready to get out of your chair, challenge your mind, and have some fun in the process? If so, then open up the pages of I Remember That! - Captivating Stories, Interesting Facts and Fun Trivia for Seniors, and embark on this epic trivia challenge that was written specifically for your generation.
You’ll take an engaging stroll down memory lane to test just how much you remember from the biggest moments in history, pop culture, and science from the first four decades after World War II.
But if you’re not a boomer, don’t worry, you’ll also have fun playing along.
There’s really no right or wrong way to read I Remember That!, but just remember to have fun!
In this book you will find out the answers to some of these questions:
- How did the internet go from a military project to the universities in the 1980s?
- When did Elvis Presley perform on the Ed Sullivan Show?
- What ever happened to 8-track tapes?
- Who was Lewis Urry and what did he have to do with flashlights and portable radios?
- How and when did the Berlin Wall go up?
I Remember That! is divided into four chapters for each decade, with each chapter divided into subsections of history, pop culture, and science.
At the end of each subsection is a ten-question quiz that you can play with your friends and family. There is also a “Did You Know?” page at the end of each subsection that adds a few more interesting tidbits to the subject.
So, what are you waiting for? Open the book up and see what you remember about the world you grew up in!
This book is printed in a larger font size.
GET SCHOOLED IN ROCK WITH ROCK TRIVIA MADNESS!
Rock and Roll. For more than 60 years, it has been the soundtrack to our lives. Albums like "Highway 61 Revisited", "Born to Run" and "Nevermind" have helped us make sense of who we are. Not only that, the daring passion and bold visions of rock artists have shaken up social norms and even helped change the course of world politics.
There’ve been some wild stories to go with this wild music. If you’re eager to learn some of the crazy, random facts of rock, Rock Trivia Madness is the book for you! This collection of rock stories from the 1960s to the 1990s will thrill and fascinate fans of music trivia. You’ll learn:
- How the Beatles helped the Rolling Stones score their first hit
- How the Velvet Underground helped overthrow the Communists in Poland
- How David Bowie almost turned his back on fame and fortune
- What Black Sabbath has in common with James Bond
- How a PA system helped get David Lee Roth into Van Halen
- Why the IRA threatened to kidnap U2’s Bono
- How Sarah McLachlan saved a hip-hop legend’s life
- How a girlfriend’s gift inspired the Red Hot Chili Peppers to “Give It Away”
In The Great Book of New York, you’ll learn the answers to the following questions:
- Why is New York City called the Big Apple?
- What genre of music started out in New York City?
- Which late actress’s life is celebrated at a festival held in her hometown every year?
- Which monster might be living in a lake in New York?
- Was there really a Staten Island bogeyman?
- Which movie is loosely based on New York in the 1800s?
- Which cult favorite cake recipe got its start in New York?
- Why do the New York Yankees have pinstripe uniforms?
It doesn’t matter if you consider yourself a New York state expert or if you know nothing about the Empire State. You’re bound to learn something new as you journey through each chapter. You’ll be able to impress your friends on your next trivia night!
So, what are you waiting for? Dive in now so you can learn all there is to know about New York!
Welcome to World War I, formerly known as the “Great War,” where men fought and died in trenches and did whatever they could to avoid chemical weapon attacks. You may have read a few things about World War One or remember some things from your history classes, but this book is here to help fill in the blanks. Get ready to learn all about World War One, from the ideologies and complex geo-political alliances that led to war, to how average soldiers tried to deal with life in the trenches. This book will bring to life some of the most important battles, but it will also go far beyond that to how the war ended and how it continued to linger on for many, especially those with PTSD.
- What roles did nationalism, colonialism, and the European alliance structure play in the start of the war?
- Who thought that trench warfare was a good idea?
- Why did the Germans wear those spiked helmets?
- How did chemical warfare get introduced and what role did it play?
- How did the rise of communism seriously affect the course of the war?
Each chapter of our trivia books is broken up into fifteen short sections that will introduce you to major players, major ideas, and sometimes weird stories. Unlike your high school history teacher, we’re not going to put you to sleep with the names of a million generals, or and endless line of dates, but instead we’ll show you the war from a series of different perspectives and themes. To go along with the fifteen short break-downs of the war, every chapter also ends with twenty fun facts or bits of trivia, and five questions to test your knowledge on World War One.
So put on your pickelhaube, man the trenches, and get ready to learn…
Who doesn’t love the movies? If there’s one thing we all have in common, it’s that a few hours of escapism in front of our favorite film—be it a comedy, a romance, a horror, or whatever else we’re in the mood for—is the perfect way to spend a night out, or a lazy night in.
But if there’s one thing we’re also all guilty of, then it is wanting and needing to know a little more about everything that goes on—off set and off screen—when the cameras stop rolling.
In this book, you’ll learn:
- Bette Davis and Joan Crawford’s Oscar-taunting arguments in the 60s.
- Love lost between legendary stars Steve McQueen and James Garner.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Avengers series of movies being now considered the most profitable movie franchise in the history of cinema.
- Daniel Radcliffe was just 12 years old when the first Harry Potter movie was released.
- Marlon Brando married three times in his life and had numerous affairs and romances.
- And other crazy, interesting and infamous gossip!
Some of these stories are outrageous rumors, the truth behind which we’ll likely never know.
Some of them are true tales of shocking off-set antics and a few give us an incredible insight into the off-screen lives of the people we idolize on screen, sometimes long before they even became famous!
The lives of all our favorite stars, it seems, are just as intriguing and as exciting off screen as they are on. Grab your copy of Secret Hollywood and start gossiping!
Want to impress your friends at your next get-together?
Need to think of something interesting to do at the next family gathering?
Want to learn a bunch of mind-blowing stories about history, science, true crime, and the paranormal?
Pick up Interesting Stories for Curious People Volume 2, your ultimate source of interesting facts about a wide range of diverse topics. This book is truly a quick read packed with information from cover to cover.
Here you will find out:
- Was martial arts expert and action film star Bruce Lee the victim of a curse?
- How did the guillotine become France’s execution method?
- What is the Mokele-mbeme?
- Did famous American bank robber John Dillinger survive his shootout with the FBI?
- Do some people have a natural immunity to HIV/AIDs?
Interesting Stories for Curious People is not some boring book packed with useless facts, but is an engaging reference guide that brings to life some of the strangest and most fascinating aspects of our planet, and beyond!
The book is designed for the busy person, so you can pick up it at your convenience, read a quick story, and then go about your business.
Whether you just like to learn new things that aren’t normally taught in school, of if you’re honing your skills for trivia challenges, you’ll definitely find this book entertaining and useful.
Some of these stories are ripped from the headlines, while others come from the history books, and some are just weird, but you’re sure to find plenty in here that will keep you reading!