Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Cynthia F. Joseph
Cynthia F. Joseph is an integral part of the Indigenous Corporate Training Inc. team. She is co-author of our books and is the main developer of the on-line training programs.
Cynthia received her Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of British Columbia in 1990 and was called to the bar in 1991. She maintained a general law practice consecutively on the North Shore of Vancouver, Bowen Island, and Burnaby to retire from law in Port Coquitlam.
While maintaining a legal practice Cynthia began using her experiences as a faculty member at Capilano University in the highly recognized Paralegal Program.
The combination of her legal degree and her experience providing instruction in class, and in a virtual format have been invaluable in developing the online training programs that we offer. Cynthia's research skills and educational background ensure that our Working Effectively with Indigenous Peoples® books and training manuals are up to date and reliable.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Whether you're just starting out or want to increase your knowledge, Working Effectively with Indigenous Peoples® is written to support people in their Indigenous relations endeavours. The fourth edition has additional content and a fresh look inside and out.
This book will provide readers with opportunities to:
- See both sides of the debate on Indigenous Peoples' rights, title and treaties
- Understand the difference between "Indigenous" and "Aboriginal"
- Sift through the rhetoric to find creative solutions to workplace challenges
- Become familiar with terminology and interpersonal communications by learning what to say and what not to say to be respectful
- Learn business reasons for governments and organizations to work respectfully and effectively with Indigenous Peoples
- Explore individual and organizational strategies for Working Effectively with Indigenous Peoples®
- Learn critical legal and practical information on consultation and accommodation